You’ve probably used a local merchant finder app on your phone before. If you haven’t, you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Basically, your phone turns into a tool for finding great eye-catching and tasty businesses nearby that help you find what you need. Using them is awesome, and having your local business listed in them gives you more kudos!
If you’re having problems gathering customers, your business can get some real foot traffic by listing itself on popular “finder” apps that let people seek local establishments and land on your doorstep. People who happen to be around your business can easily find it with one of these tools. Ignoring this possibility, especially since it’s free most of the time, closes doors for you that could have led you to more revenue possibilities.
This kind of solution gives you a break from the daily grind of having to market yourself to make your business more visible. Visibility is achieved once someone is close by and looking for you. You’ve probably heard of Foursquare, but perhaps you had no idea that you can add your business to it for free. But besides this service, you can also have a look at a couple of others that allow you to do the exact same thing:
- Elephanti – This service offers people a place to look at establishments nearby. Elephanti particularly provides you with some interesting tools to promote your business and built a “storefront” in the website itself, so that people who are interested can see products and services you offer as well as discounts you might have. It’s much like Foursquare in the sense that it allows you to have a liberal amount of control for your business. The exception is that Elephanti lets customers see things that they’re particularly interested in. For example, a customer can say that he or she is looking for sunglasses at a reasonable price. Your business could offer those, and have a promotion that beats whatever everyone else’s touting.
- Yelp – While sifting through other local merchant websites, we come across Yelp, a very popular service for people who use their mobile phones to find places of interest. Again, like other services mentioned here, it allows you to build up your own listing and make your special deals visible. Perhaps one of its most unique features is the analytics it provides for your business page on their platform. Yelp shows you how many people viewed your page and shared it. From this data, you can see if you’re getting a nice supply of customers from the service.
Perhaps you are a bit too busy to use all of these services at the same time. That’s understandable. Just pick the one that you think will help your business stand out the most and achieve the best results. This can be done with a bit of trial and error on each of these platforms. After you’ve learned the ropes, you won’t know how you lived before merchant finder apps appeared.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013