You’ve seen a lot of websites that accept payments and probably even have one yourself. But have you explored the possibility of sending invoices yourself when requesting money for particular services? Sometimes, when people don’t have the possibility of ordering something online – as is the case with services that have variable fees – you need to send an invoice with the fee that’s tailored to your particular customer.
Online invoicing provides a certain level of transaction security that can mitigate issues often experienced in client-business relationships. There’s no reason to take a risk and hope that the money arrives after you’ve just used emails to talk to a client.
Invoicing becomes easier with online service providers like LessAccounting, which specialize in helping people who don’t have a ton of experience using accounting software. Some services also act as fully-streamlined accounting departments that only require a negligible monthly fee from you. Let’s have a look at some!
- PayPal – Yes, PayPal just recently updated its system to include invoicing possibilities for people using PayPal Payments systems. Invoices sent through their system are all free, and you get to send your own personalized invoice with your logo! The branding will build trust between you and your clients and will establish a more serious appearance for your business. Give them a try!
- FreshBooks – In my opinion, FreshBooks is one of the most wonderful invoicing systems on the planet. It sends reminder emails for you, and helps you keep track of late payments. You can add items however you want, brand your invoices, print them, send hard copies, and even add sales tax. Everything comes in one neat package that works best for you and your client. Best of all, they’re starting to integrate with shopping carts. Check this video page out for more details. Moreover, you also get your own subdomain for login access, and can add users for a higher monthly fee. The most recommended plan is their “Evergreen” plan, which costs $29.95 per month and allows you to send invoices to unlimited clients. Their “Mighty Oak” plan ($39.95) also lets you add another member to your personal panel. For every new member you add, the price goes up $10 a month.
- LessAccounting – LessAccounting is a very comprehensive service that works as well for the beginner just as it does for the expert. If you’re not very used to using any accounting software, you can use a beginner platform. Otherwise, you could also choose an “Expert” platform if you’d like to fine-tune the minute details in your reports and invoices. LessAccounting has whatever floats your boat!
Remember that whatever you choose has to match your skill and comfort. Each of these platforms has a demo version you can try, letting you explore each detail so you can see if it’s right for you.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013