Not too long ago, we observed an explosion in technologies that have empowered SMBs significantly, allowing them to have the same control over their operations as a large corporation would at a smaller scale. Concepts like the Cloud and new telecommunications services (such as the portable PBX system offered by RingCentral) have greatly raised the bar on what a small business can do.
Now, HP demonstrated certain technologies particularly catering to the business market in its Global Influencer Summit 2012, which took place in Shanghai, China. The company presented an arsenal of 80 different devices, some of them sure to change the business world for the better.
Here’s a list of some of the devices that HP had to show for its love for businesses around the world:
- EliteBook Folio, ENVY Pro, and SpectreXT Pro – These devices comprise HP’s new selection of ultrabooks that are hitting the market. Each of these has a wonderfully ergonomic style that makes work all the more enjoyable. The EliteBook Folio presents one of the most powerful choices, with the possibility for 16 GB DDR3 RAM. This is essential if you want a system that is light to the touch and responds instantaneously. The ultrabooks make use of Intel’s Core series processors, which makes multitasking a thing to take for granted.
- ProBook S-Series Notebook – If you’re not into ultrabooks, and are looking for a little more brawn, HP released this particular notebook to call the attention of those working in or operating an SMB. The notebook comes with everything you need in a business world, such as HD video conferencing capabilities, high-end CPU muscle, and more RAM than you’ll know what to do with. Assuming that you do a lot of travelling, the company has also gone through the trouble of making sure that this laptop comes with durable materials that won’t easily get scratched.
- Compaq LED Multitouch Monitor – The L2206tm monitor serves the retail and hospitality industries with a perfect fit. Its dimensions (21.5-inch diagonal) will accommodate almost any situation, especially those that call for larger grid systems. The low 5ms response time will make things move more naturally, with objects following close to the fingertip rather than lagging behind it.
- All-In-One “Zero” Client – Basically a thin client, the HP t410 zero client allows you to connect all the components of the client to the virtualization server with one single cable. Each client comes with an 18.5-inch display, a keyboard, a mouse, and an internal stereo speaker. The “one cable” concept is to be taken literally, since the thin client also makes use of power over Ethernet (PoE), feeding the computer with electricity through the same cable it gets its Internet connectivity from. This certainly eliminates a mess otherwise created by having to deal with multiple cables sprawled all over the office floor.
- Laser Pro MFP Printer – This is the perfect printer for the tech junkie and environmentally conscious business alike. With automatic two-sided printing, you get to shave 50 percent off of the amount of paper you use on a daily basis. Its remote printing capabilities allow you to print from a cave in the middle of Ukraine as long as you have connectivity. The color touchscreen panel is a nice aesthetic addition that makes the printer more manageable for first-time users.
Whether you’re a retailer, you own an inn, or have an IT-based business, at least one of these products will definitely help you make your business more manageable, whether it be less cables lying around or a more economic printing solution. The possibilities will always become more ample if you introduce a little bit of tech magic to the office floor.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013