Experts are hard to come by. That is, unless you have an Internet connection! The Internet gives us an almost infinite resource for knowledge, but also provides us with the ability to consult with experts in different industries who often answer people’s questions in their own free time.
If you’re wondering about the best way to troubleshoot a problem on your servers, or even one way to fix a leaky fridge, you can simply ask a question on any experts network. Some companies provide you with general consultation services where you are paired up with someone who has expertise in your industry.
You probably have already felt that your competitors know something you don’t, and you can’t just ask your neighbors for that information. Competition won’t tell you what they’re doing right, of course.
Despite all this, you can actually employ the services of a consultant from a website that offers these services at a “pay for what you need” basis. Here are a few of those:
- Maven – The definition of “maven” is “an expert or connoisseur.” Maven lives up to this definition by providing you with consultation services from individuals who are experts in any particular field. If you want to know the latest trends in your business, you can ask Maven to conduct a survey of its members working in your field. Within a short time, you’ll get results of what’s going on in your industry.
- Experts Exchange – This kind of service allows you to get answers to your technology questions. Experts sign up here to work with a point-based system and you can sign up to ask any amount of questions you want for $12.95 a month. You can get answers here that you wouldn’t have gotten in free places like Yahoo Answers. This platform makes sure you get the top expert for the particular question you’re asking.
If you’ve got a small business, chances are you won’t find it convenient to have to hire a panel of experts to get what you’re looking for. The Internet makes it possible for you to have experts work on your case without having to ever leave the office.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013