Today, a larger number of people are using social media to interact with the world around them. We already see tons of advertisements and brands while we walk the streets, but we don’t see them interacting with us in any way. The advantage of social media is that you can gain visibility as a brand to your most loyal customers and interact with them.
The messages you post on Facebook and Twitter are not in vain. People reply and comment. While this happens, you can also comment and show support for your customers, establishing an arena in which you can inject confidence and trust into the terabytes of data that flow through the Internet.
But how do you know if you’re performing well on a social network? Where can you improve? Are you even happy with the number of comments you’re receiving? Chances are that if you’re a small business, you have to work like a hamster hyped up on caffeine to answer the first two questions. But what if you had a way of getting these answers without having to burn the midnight oil?
That’s where social media metrics come in. Organizations that deal with marketing automation often also include specs showing you how well you’re doing in social media venues where you’re present. Social media metrics tells you how you’re doing and might even answer questions about your social media presence that you didn’t even think of asking yet. Larger companies and brands have experts analyze their social media presences all the time. It’s time for you to have such a tool in your hands.
Here are a few examples of organizations that offer social media analytics services:
- Nabler Web Solutions – This company gives you the wonderful opportunity to work with professionals that have years of experience in IT and web analytics. They’re based in India and are Microsoft Partners, making them more trustworthy. You get full reports on your performance as well as advice on how to get more out of your social presence, so that’s a really huge plus.
- Act-On Insight – Act-On Software is already a very fast-growing company for marketing automation. Their rapid growth signifies that they’re doing something right, in the end. They just recently implemented a new feature into its own marketing automation solution – known as Act-On Insight – that lets you have a very clear view into your social media efforts and performance. They analyze keywords within your niche and tell you where you’re falling behind so that you can ramp up on your efforts in those areas. To benefit from this feature, you will have to use their entire suite of marketing automation tools. Have a look and see if it’s right for you.
- Visible Intelligence – This is one of the products offered by Visible Technologies. Visible Intelligence allows you to have an intelligent dashboard built with expertise that shows you every single little detail about your social presence. It displays things like topic buzz that your niche generates, user engagement, and conversations about your niche or social page. You get the social dashboard without all the extra gizmos that Act-On wants you to purchase. Keep in mind, though, that Act-On’s offer is much more comprehensive and covers other things besides your social networking efforts.
These are just three different flavors of what is out there as far as social networking metrics is concerned. As a prospective business owner, you’ve got to be happy with what you choose, so tread carefully. Each choice presents significant advantages that will boost your business’ presence online in ways you didn’t think of yet.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013