Can’t figure out SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? Don’t worry… you’re not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of people who can’t do it, either. In fact, 95 percent of all blogs fail, as in they seriously crash and burn into the abyss of forgotten websites that never update anymore. You don’t want to have one of those blogs or own a site that ends up like that.
What do the 5 percent know that the other 95 don’t? Besides protesting as “the 95 percent,” there are ways to actually adopt measures to make your site better. Some people don’t know, though, that they can do too much of a good thing. Let’s take an example: John sells custom-made T-shirts for people. He’s a great designer, has a ton of talent, and has the skills necessary to keep the business running. He decides to invest in a domain name, starts a website, and tries to sell his product outside his locale. He plasters “custom T-shirts” all over the site and even writes an article mentioning “custom T-shirts” or “T-shirts” in just about every sentence.
John now wonders why he has only 5 visitors a day who never buy anything. His website isn’t doing anything for him. But he was told that working with keywords is going to get him somewhere. Somehow, his Google PageRank remains a 1/10 and the Facebook page isn’t helping, either. He gives up shortly and decides to just sell locally.
Do you see his mistake? It’s known as “keyword stuffing” and Google hates that. This, and many other things, could negatively affect your site’s ability to be seen by people. Google, Facebook, and Twitter are all picky, but there’s one application online that knows how to push you in the right direction.
Enter InboundWriter, an online piece of software that lets you create content that appeals to search engine and social media websites. This program uses complex algorithms and mines data from the Web to help you match your target audience by telling you how many keywords to include, how much to write, and whether or not you are in the “sweet spot” with keyword repetition. Too few keywords, and Google doesn’t know what you’re talking about. Too many, and it doesn’t want to give you the light of day.
InboundWriter not only lets you create search engine-friendly content, but it also gives you insights into what people are saying about your niche in Twitter using a feature called “Topic Buzz.” This not only helps your website cater to the SE giants, but also guides you in creating social-friendly content to appeal to the crowd.
My experience with InboundWriter was a positive one, in a way. I gave it a try about two months ago and published an article on my own online publication regarding portable printing. The article didn’t immediately get views, but they started creeping in once Google crawled the site. The day after, I started having about 10 views on the article. OK, so that’s not much, but it’s certainly better than some of my other articles, which were just forgotten pieces of content that had 20 views historically. Soon after, I was getting almost 600 page views on that article alone every month, according to my Google Analytics data.
The traffic increase wasn’t immense, but it was somewhat enticing, making me want to use the software again. Imagine if I get that many visitors from 100 articles. That amounts to 60,000 visitors a month, or about 2,000 visitors per day. You might get more, depending on how useful the information is and how many people link to your site. At that time, I had a Google PageRank of 2. Now, my PageRank is higher and my site has more authority. It’s more SEO-friendly, and some of my articles have gone viral on social venues.
All in all, I’d give InboundWriter an 8 out of 10. The reason it doesn’t get a full 10 is because it is not the completely intuitive system it advertises to be. You have to know a bit about what keywords to use, among other things.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013