This is not a BAD thing, but printers, overall, are tools we all need and are so important to all of our businesses yet, there is very little that’s “exciting”. Basically you’ve got a print engine, paper, some ink and a big plastic and metal box.
Sure some vendors such as birthed the “email a printer” (HP ePrint) innovation and other vendors now integrate online printing into their printers. The innovation in putting apps on printers is pretty neat as well. Other innovations, but more subtle, have included printing speeds, better color and other things from vendors including Xerox and Lexmark.
However, overall printers are pretty, plain vanilla, devices that you need but really don’t pay lots of attention to.
Last week, however, I saw something that was indeed pretty innovative and it’s from Brother.
Brother launched a new line of printers the “Business Smart series of inkjet all-in one printers that comes with some serious innovation.
- The print speed is VERY fast. I took a video of it here.
- The overall design LOOKS very nice. Not clunky and ugly but…well iPhone-ish – sleek. This was accomplished by changing the print orientation from portrait to landscape.
- It can built in print from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 – that’s pretty innovative.
This $199 printer is economical enough to put on the desk of all your knowledge workers, especially those who really need to showcase contracts, images or other things in color.
The MFC-J4510DW has wireless printing capabilities, can print from your mobile devices and has direct access to applications such as Facebook, Picasa, Flickr and other tools. It has a touch screen that slides to menu options with the flick of a finger.
Check it out, it looks good and is fast.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018