While you’re trying to maintain the front on your business by keeping your Facebook page updated and sending new offers to your mailing list subscribers, there’s probably one thing much more important than all that. Your customers will, once in a while, write a review on one of your products and/or your own establishment. This review could be positive or negative, based on the customer’s experience doing business with you and using the product that they’ve purchased.
Whether you’re selling baskets, batteries, or balloons, you need to know what your customers are thinking about your services or products. Even if the review is negative, listen to it! There are two reasons why you should:
- Reviews tell you how one of your products are doing. If you have a bad product, you’ll know this immediately when you see a bad review. In fact, you don’t have to look for reviews particular to your business. If you’re looking for a review on a new monitor you’re thinking about including in your stock, type something like “LG W2343S-PF review” on Google. You’ll find a number of reviews on that product, which will tell you whether it’s a smart choice to include in your stock for your customers. That’s very effective in preventing a bad experience on behalf of customers who don’t know any better.
- Reviews give you insight on how you are doing. Any negative reviews or issues with a product your customers are complaining about should be responded to promptly. Read this article for more details.
Now you know why listening to what others say, whether good or bad, can turn into something positive. Put your business’ name under Google Alerts and you’ll get an email every so often showing what people say about your business. Take some time to make a little change in how you run things when people are mentioning shortcomings. This will benefit you greatly and give your customers the touch they’re looking for.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013