by Deltina Hay, Author of ‘Bootstrapper’s Guide to the Mobile Web’
The mobile web is upon us whether we like it or not. People are using mobile devices to search, shop, and click through on ads at unprecedented rates. And these rates are only expected to grow. Chances are high that your competitors are taking advantage of this growing trend already. Don’t get left behind!
It is important to understand that people use the Internet differently on mobile devices. Mobile consumers know what they want from a website, and typically take action once they get there. Mobile conversion rates can be impressive, but only if a website caters to the expectations of this mobile audience.
Mobile website solutions need not be complicated or expensive. There are many options available, but it is important that the solution you choose adheres to established mobile website best practices.
Mobile app usage is impressive, but while people do spend a lot of time using mobile apps, most of that time is spent on games and social networking. So do you really need a mobile app? It is best to weigh the pros and cons of publishing your own mobile app or investing in optimizing your mobile website.
Mobile app solutions vary in price and complexity. It is best to familiarize yourself with the mobile app marketplace, and know the difference between a native app and a web app before choosing your solution.
The mobile web is more than just websites and apps. From QR codes to augmented reality, there are a host of tactics and tools you can implement to promote your business on the mobile web. When marketing to a mobile audience, it is imperative that you send them to landing pages and other sources compatible with their mobile device.
The Bootstrapper’s Guide to the Mobile Web is a complete guide to getting you and your business ready for the mobile web. This book can help you choose the best mobile website solution, whether or not you need a mobile app, and what other mobile trends you might want to implement.
The book offers real-world, step-by-step examples, and tons of resources and worksheets to help with your overall mobile web strategy and plan.
Some of the topics covered in the book include:
- How people use the mobile web, why it is different from the traditional Internet, and why you need to be prepared.
- How to decide the best solution for your mobile website.
- Step-by-step examples of methods and tools used for creating mobile websites.
- Issues like mobile traffic redirection and search optimization as they apply to mobile websites.
- A worksheet for creating your mobile website strategy.
- Reasons you might—or might not—want a mobile app, and options for preparing one.
- Real-world examples of methods and tools for creating mobile apps.
- A worksheet for creating your mobile app strategy.
- Other mobile tactics like QR codes, location-based marketing, mobile ad campaigns, and SMS marketing.
- The future of the mobile web such as augmented reality, near field communication, new search optimization techniques, and more.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015