The business environment is changing with consumer-owned devices in the workplace now being used to perform every day tasks. IT departments and managers are tasked with ensuring these devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops) are secure and compliant – a trend known as consumerization of IT. To help businesses of all sizes embrace this new business trend, our very own Ramon Ray, editor of Smallbiztechnology.com, will be hosting a tweet chat to discuss common myths associated with it.
On September 26, 2012 at 12PM CDT, join Ramon (@RamonRay), Sean Wisdom from Dell (@DellSMBUS) and Matt Watson from Microsoft (@Microsoft and @MicrosoftSMB) for a tweet chat about “Debunking 4 myths in consumerization of IT.”
What They’ll Cover:
They’ll be debunking the following 4 myths in the consumerization of IT:
- Employees are using personal devices just to get around firewalls and browse social sites
- There’s no difference in security across platforms – security is just security
- IT & executives aren’t prepared for the consumerization of IT
- Employees are less productive when allowed to use personal devices in the workplace
How You Can Participate:
We recommend using a tool like TweetChat to follow the conversation. Just sign in with your twitter account, enter the #DellCoIT hash tag, and join the conversation as if you were in a chat room.
Register here for this event and don’t forget to come prepared to learn about consumerization of IT with our experts.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015