BlackBerry Upgrades You Should Know About
New QuickBooks Online Features
Epson Mobile Printing Solutions
HP Introduces Four New Business Computers
HP Introduces A New Desktop and Three New Notebook Computers To It’s Portfolio
PALO ALTO, Calif., —HP has added four new business desktop and notebook PCs powered by the latest AMD processors to its industry-leading computing portfolio.
AMD’s new A-series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) deliver a significant leap in PC graphics performance, offer exceptional manageability and provide an affordable total cost of ownership.
The new desktop and notebook PCs equipped with AMD APUs are:
- HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC, offering enterprise-grade security and manageability with affordable life cycle planning and a business-class warranty in either microtower or small-form-factor chassis options.
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC provides outstanding performance and value to maximize productivity for businesses and governments of all sizes with long, predictable life cycles of up to 15 months. The improved x86 architecture enables speedy and efficient computing, such as smoother internet browsing and accelerated file conversion rates. Powered by AMD’s latest APU A10, A8, A6 and A4 processors, the HP Compaq Pro 6305 delivers up to 21 percent better performance than previous generations, including significant graphics improvement for intensive business applications.
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 desktop PC also helps keep businesses protected at every level with HP Client Security, including HP BIOS Protection with enhanced defense against virus attacks and other threats, and offers out-of-band manageability, embedded trusted platform module (TPM), HP ProtectTools, self-encrypting hard drives and more.
- HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs, ideal for small and medium businesses that need a sleek, yet durable, notebook with advanced multimedia support, easy-to-use security and 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal display sizes. The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs are equipped with all-new 2012 AMD A-Series accelerated processors and VISION Pro Technology to provide the right performance to tackle intensive work assignments.
Pricing and availability
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC starts at $539 and is expected to be available worldwide on Oct. 8 with Windows 7. Windows 8 configurations will be available at a later date. The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs start at $499. The HP ProBook 4545s is currently available worldwide. The HP ProBook 4445s and 4446s will be available only in the Asia-Pacific and Japan regions.
BlackBerry Upgrades You Should Know About
BlackBerry Releases Upgrades for it’s Devices including Service Pack 1 for Both iOS Devices and BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets
BlackBerry recently released upgrades for many of it’s devices including iOS based devices, the BlackBerry Playbook tablet and it’s Enterprise Server Version 5 and Enterprise Server Express Version 5. Here is information on the updates:
- BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Service Pack 1 provides additional features for both iOS-based devices and BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets. Organizations managing iOS devices will see enhancements in the configuration of Wi-Fi®, VPN and ActiveSync service across devices, and the ability to manage the distribution of apps. The update also prepares organizations for managing BlackBerry PlayBook tablets with an upcoming update of the PlayBook OS. Once released as a free software update for PlayBook tablets, organizations with BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Service Pack 1 will benefit from features including Over The Air enrollment and configuration of devices, full device encryption and certificate-based authentication with Microsoft® Exchange. With the release of Service Pack 1, RIM is expanding the availability of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to an additional 37 countries for a total of 81 countries.
- RIM also announced that Service Pack 4 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 5 and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express Version 5 are available for Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino. This same service pack will be available for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 5 for Novell GroupWise in November. Upgrading to the latest BlackBerry Enterprise Server software is an important step towards being prepared for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 when it launches with BlackBerry 10.
GEMA, the Global Enterprise Mobility Alliance, and Research In Motion (RIM) have also announced an agreement to jointly deliver global managed mobility solutions for multinational customers. Leveraging BlackBerry® Mobile Fusion, RIM’s Mobile Device Management solution, and supported by the global managed mobility services from GEMA members, customers will have a globally consistent approach to service delivery and technical expertise, offering them the best possible experience from their mobile deployments comprising a myriad of devices, including BlackBerry®, iOS®, and Android™.
QuickBooks Online Suite Bolsters Productivity for Small Businesses
Updates Deliver Personalized and Complete Financial Management to More Than 360,000 Subscribers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Small business owners no longer have to be the jack of all trades. They can be the jack of their own trade. New additions to QuickBooks Online and its suite of connected applications deliver a complete financial management solution to any small business. Instead of making due with a patchwork of many separate back-office solutions, small business owners can personalize an all-in-one financial management experience that runs the back office so they can be more productive and focus on running their businesses.
For more than 360,000 paying small business subscribers, the online financial management program from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), makers of the best-selling QuickBooks software, does more than accounting. As an open system, it adds value through seamless integration with Intuit apps and third-party apps, and mobile access to data.
The latest updates to the QuickBooks Online suite make it more powerful, more flexible and easier to use than ever:
- Unlock data to save time on critical tasks. The new Downloaded Transactions feature borrows the ease of use in Mint.com to help small businesses save significant time banking in QuickBooks Online. Eliminating manual entry and minimizing errors, Downloaded Transactions automatically imports and smartly categorizes new transactions from a user’s bank or credit card accounts. After users categorize a transaction once, QuickBooks Online learns and applies the rule. Users always control what transactions save to their books and have the latest transactions at their fingertips without having to log into bank or credit card accounts.
- Small businesses can get paid faster with Money Bar, another new feature. It centralizes income forms, including estimates, invoices and sales receipts, summarizes totals for due or past due transaction items, and then guides the user to take immediate action. A patent-pending status bar shows progress as the user banks income, tracking a transaction’s status from estimate to paid.
- Complete more key tasks on the go. Feature additions to QuickBooks Mobile, such as the ability to record payments, provide total access to invoices and customer balances in QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Mobile is a free companion app and is the most comprehensive of its kind. It is available on Apple and Android mobile devices.
- Customize QuickBooks Online with third-party applications. New add-ons fully integrate with QuickBooks Online data to create tailored solutions that serve the distinct needs of every small business, including project management and inventory management. Businesses can try and buy apps at the Intuit App Center, including premier solutions, such as Bill.com, Mavenlink, Salesforce for QuickBooks and SOS Inventory.
Learn more and sign up for QuickBooks Online at http://www.quickbooks.com/.
Epson Mobile Printing Solutions
LONG BEACH, Calif.– Epson America, Inc. has announced an upgrade to its suite of free EPSON Connect™mobile printing solutions, making it easier and more powerful for users to print documents, emails, photos, and web pages from anywhere in the world using an EPSON Connect enabled printer and an iPad®, iPhone®, tablet, smartphone, computer, or laptop.
The convenient and robust mobile printing features of EPSON Connect include:
- EPSON Email Print – Remotely send documents and photos directly to an EPSON® printer’s unique email address to easily print from any email-enabled device.
- EPSON iPrint™ Mobile App – Print web pages, Microsoft® Office® documents, photos, and PDFs from anywhere; also scan and save files from a nearby EPSON printer before sending it as an email or uploading it to a cloud service such as Box, Dropbox™, Evernote®, or Google®Docs™. Available for free download from the Apple AppStore™ or Google Play™.
- EPSON Remote Print – Print remotely from a computer or laptop to an EPSON email-enabled printer anywhere in the world using any Windows® application – not just Microsoft Office – to streamline productivity without worrying about formatting or customizing fonts.
EPSON Connect incorporates an optional level of security to ensure users have the ability to reduce unwanted prints and eliminate spam. By enabling an “Approved Sender’s List,” users can specify the email addresses or domains that are allowed to print unattended to the printer’s email address.
In addition, new EPSON printers incorporate Apple AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™, providing the widest array of mobile printing solutions Epson has ever offered:
- Apple AirPrint – Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®; no software, drivers or cables to connect.
- Google Cloud Print – Print from a smartphone or tablet with a Gmail™ or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chromebooks™ and the Google Chrome™ browser.
The free EPSON Connect mobile printing solutions and upgrades are currently available. For more information, visit www.epson.com/connect.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015