I recently published an article on Xerox about the increase in paper use in our supposedly ‘paperless’ world. Experts predicted that we would move towards being totally paperless, but the reality is that in the past thirty years worldwide paper consumption has gone up by 50%. Why is this? Read the full article here to find out.
One reason is that printed communications have proven to be just as effective as ever. Also, we have so much more information at our disposal today than we ever did and that simply translates into more to print. So how do you deal with all this paper (which isn’t going away anytime soon!)? Here are a couple of my tips from the article to help you better market your business and increase your office efficiency:
- Have at least one color device. Color has been proven to deliver a far more powerful impact than black and white. Now that the cost of color printing has been drastically reduced, the difference in price is negligible. Not only is a full-color print job more compelling, charts and graphs are also easier to render in color.
- Scan important documents. By taking advantage of your MFP’s scanning capability, you can have better control of your filing system. Group all documents from the same project in one file and scan them into one file on the server. As you begin to move file cabinets out of your office, you’ll free up space and make future office relocation easier.
- Pay attention to printer features. When comparing models, take a printer’s pages per minute (ppm) into account. While the difference between 28 ppm and 35 ppm may seem unimportant, when printing large quantities, a few extra pages a minute add up quickly. Also, be sure duplex capabilities are included, as well as wireless printing and compatibility with your other devices.
For all my tips on how to better control your paper consumption, printing costs and increase your office efficiency, check out the full article on the Xerox website.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Facebook’s Tools for Mentorship, Hiring and Education - November 14, 2018
- My Experience at a Facebook Community Boost Event - November 12, 2018
- Actress and Entrepreneur Nikki Reed Shares Her Insights on Sustainability, Tech, and Design - November 2, 2018