In a recent article on Dun & Bradstreet, How Windows 8 Can Help The Traveling Entrepreneur, RamonRay, editor of Smallbiztechnology, outlines some of the new features that make the Windows 8 operating system worth taking a look at if you are one who constantly travels and has a need for strong mobility/portability features.
Here are a couple of the features he mentions:
- Tablet capability. For those business travelers who haven’t yet made the leap to a tablet, Windows 8 is a powerful operating system designed specifically for tablet computing. It’s touch screen environment lets your fingers nimbly and easily navigate.
- Cloud-syncing. Your SkyDrive can store all of your documents, allowing you to access them from anywhere. Leave your desktop or laptop at the office, and take just your smartphone or tablet on your business trip. If you need a file, you’ll be able to get to it, as long as you have access to SkyDrive. Since your files are synced to the Cloud, you don’t have to worry about manually moving files around so you’ll have them. But even better than that, your profile will follow you from one computer to another. Your desktop settings, themes, and other preferences will appear anywhere you log in.
Check out Ramon’s entire article on Dun & Bradstreet website at http://business.dnb.com/small-business-information/how-windows-8-can-help-the-traveling-entrepreneur/#more.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015