There’s no concrete data available on how often people change their phone numbers in the United States, where people often get carrier plans as opposed to going pre-pay. But we see it happen all around us at some points in our lives. You might get an email, text message, or phone call once in a blue moon from a person you know notifying you of a change that person made, like a new email, phone number, address, or tie color. Upon receiving the news, you now have to immediately update your contact list before you forget.
It’s frustrating to try to contact someone who no longer uses that phone number or email. In the midst of the boom in smartphone development and “appoholism,” new apps started to appear around the smartphone/cloud spectrum that might solve these problems or reduce the amount of battering your contact list receives:
- VIPorbit is an app that lets you organize your contacts into roles and relationships, also allowing you to schedule events with them. This nifty application makes it easier to organize people not only with meetings, but also lets you organize their identities into simple categories and groups that make your list more transparent. Instead of having an “A to Z” contact list just like any other phone does, VIPorbit allows you to track down people by their relationships to you. This app is available on any iOS device.
- TAPP takes things a step further. It enables you to receive updates to contact details that are outdated. When you exchange a TAPP ID with another individual, you can associate this person’s entry on your list with his or her ID. From then on, you’ll just receive update notifications when a contact decides to change things around. It makes the process a whole lot easier for both, since you no longer have to update your contact list manually and your contact doesn’t have to add a whole list of email addresses to a “Send” field in an email to notify everyone of the change. TAPP is available for Android, iOS, and BlackBerry.
- Plaxo has something a bit interesting also. You organize contacts much like you would with VIPorbit, but you also get notified when Plaxo finds out that a contact has changed something or joined a new social network. This app is cloud-based and is available on virtually any device as a consequence.
The moments your contacts start changing their game on you, you’ll be one step ahead of them as long as you use intelligent solutions to keep them organized. Just pick a flavor and download it!
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013