eBay has proven a very valuable outlet for small online retailers, bringing customers that might not normally have found these businesses. IzzoNet specializes in helping online retailers improve their e-storefronts. With more than ten years of experience in online selling, IzzoNet has discovered a few tricks that make eBay selling work better for you.
“IzzoNet helps you integrate your online store to eBay and vice versa,” IzzoNet CEO Tallya Rabinovich says. “Manage both stores with one control panel, help make order and supply management easier, generate traffic with IzzoNet’s build-in marketing tools, distribute products through multiple channels easily, increase SEO, and integrate with coupon sites, among many other benefits.”
Rabinovich has provided eight tips to help small businesses succeed online:
- Try different keywords. Rabinovich recommends listing your item several times using different descriptions and keywords. This will maximize your exposure in searches on the site.
- Integrate with other sites. Your regular store should be on your .com, which should link to your eBay page. This makes your business look professional, as well as helping with SEO. Also upload your products to services like Google Product Search to increase your exposure.
- Provide multiple images. According to Rabinovich, having up to twelve photos of your product on your eBay listing can increase your eBay site conversion by as much as 80%. Be sure you put all this imagery in your product photos, though. Your product description needs to be as clean and easy-to-read as possible.
- Utilize your About Us section on eBay. This is the perfect place to let customers know about your company.
- Accept multiple payment options. Rabinovich stresses the importance of retaining customers at checkout by accepting all payment methods. On eBay, this should be covered by PayPal but do a quick inventory to make sure customers who visit your website or your eBay listings won’t be forced away by not being able to pay.
- Encourage return customers. Many successful eBay sellers include coupons with shipments to bring customers back. Use eBay Tools and other apps to cross-promote your listings.
- E-mail Marketing. eBay offers free e-mail marketing to store owners on its site, allowing you to create newsletters or promotional e-mails to former customers. Be sure you use this feature sparingly–too many e-mails and your customers will simply unsubscribe.
- Don’t limit your sales to domestic customers. eBay allows you to sell internationally, getting your product to places you might not normally reach. Take full advantage of this functionality to receive the maximum sales you can through the site.
IzzoNet helps businesses create successful online storefronts. With prices starting at only $19.97 a month, small businesses can set up an online store that integrates with a variety of websites, including social media sites and eBay. IzzoNet charges no setup fee and no transaction fees, allowing small businesses to extend their reach without paying exorbitant fees. For more information on IzzoNet’s services, visit its website.
Latest posts by Stephanie Faris (see all)
- Can RebelMouse Energize Your Social Campaigns? - February 21, 2014
- TagMyDoc Provides Document Versioning to Businesses - November 15, 2013
- 10 Tools For Managing Business Cards and Exchanging Contacts in the Digital Age - November 13, 2013