Even in 2012, some businesses are using Excel spreadsheets to do everything from manage inventory to supply tracking. But while Microsoft Excel is a great product, it has its limitations. Small business app specialist provider Bizelo has a solution.
“We’re crafting ‘mini-apps’ – affordable, web-based software that is customized to specific industry needs,” Bizelo founder Ron Schmelzer says. “They work simply and they simply work.”
Because these mini-apps snap together, a business can build the software they need. Currently Bizelo has four apps in the works, some of which are still in beta, with at least twelve more planned in the next six months. Currently, Bizelo is working on these modules:
- eRetail Centralized Inventory–This module takes your inventory tracking out of the spreadsheet format and into an easy-to-decipher interface that can track multiple storefronts in one place. You can manage your bill of materials and stay on top of your stock, knowing at a glance when you’re running low on something. You can also automatically generate packing lists and know what your packing costs are.
- Supply Management–Using this app, a business can manage suppliers using manufacturer SKUs. Small businesses will also be able to create purchase orders and track shipments using this app.
- Returns Management–Returns are an important part of retail and for online stores, RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorizations) are integral. Using Bizelo’s Returns Management, small business can create return shipping labels, manage restocking fees, and return inventory back to stock once it has been returned.
Bizelo will also be offering modules specific to small businesses. These include apps for construction, band tour management, fitness club management, veterinarian scheduling, and religious membership management. Construction apps will focus on labor scheduling, streamlining timesheets to make payroll a breeze. Band tour managers can stay on top of schedules using Bizelo’s calendar functionality. This calendar syncs with mobile calendars to allow managers to take the schedule on the road with the band.
The fitness club app puts managers in charge of customers, allowing for tracking of locker assignments, equipment rentals, classes, and members. Veterinarians can use the app to view entire patient treatment histories, as well as automatically generate reminders and communications with customers. The religious membership management app allows churches and other religious institutions to manage members and church finances with powerful scheduling and reporting functionality.
One of the best things about Bizelo’s apps is that they are easy to install. Since small businesses generally do not have IT departments, this is ideal. Plus, the apps are affordable–priced at $24.95 after a free thirty-day trial. When members join, Bizelo walks them through the setup process, getting them up and running quickly, with no technical expertise required.
While the e-Retail portion is the only available app at this time, that will likely change soon. Small businesses are encouraged to get started with the app and add on the other features once they’re made available.
Latest posts by Stephanie Faris (see all)
- Can RebelMouse Energize Your Social Campaigns? - February 21, 2014
- TagMyDoc Provides Document Versioning to Businesses - November 15, 2013
- 10 Tools For Managing Business Cards and Exchanging Contacts in the Digital Age - November 13, 2013