Xero Accounting Software Debuts Mobile App for Android
Brother™ Launches ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W with Scan-to-Cloud Capabilities
New Epson Printers Conserve Space
New EPSON Expression Premium Small-in-Ones Deliver Superior Image Quality in a Breakthrough Compact Design
Long BeachH, Calif. – Epson America, Inc. today introduced the EPSON® Expression® Premium XP-800 and XP-600 Small-in-One™ printers for families and technology enthusiasts, designed to deliver superior performance, including both brilliant photos and crisp, sharp text with Epson’s exclusive MicroPiezo® printing technology and Claria® Premium inks. They are also equipped with EPSON Connect™, Apple® Airprint™ and Google Cloud Print™, offering easy wireless and mobile printing from an iPad®, iPhone®, tablet, or smartphone1.
Offering powerful performance in a sleek, space-saving, compact design, the Expression XP-800 and XP-600 include built-in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ n2 for families to share one printer or print from any room. Both models also offer automatic two-sided printing to save paper3, as well as creative tools such as a dedicated photo tray and direct CD/DVD printing.
Expression Premium XP-800 AND XP-600 Small-in-One Features and Benefits:
- EPSON Connect – print and scan from anywhere with EPSON Email Print, EPSON iPrint™ mobile app, and EPSON Remote Print
- Fast print speeds of 12 ISO ppm for black and 11 ISO ppm for color (9 ISO ppm color for XP-600)5
- High-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi (XP-600) and 4800 dpi (XP-800)
- Built in Ethernet networking (XP-800)
- PC-free photo printing with memory card slots
- Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed
- Standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs
- Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STAR® qualified, RoHS compliant and designed to be recycled6
The EPSON Expression Premium XP-600 ($149.99*) and EPSON Expression XP-800 ($279.99*) will be available in late-October through major retailer stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.epson.com.
Xero Accounting Software Debuts Mobile App for Android
Financial Management Survey Shows 50 Percent of Small Business Owners Interested in Mobile Accounting Tools, Despite Spreadsheet Holdout
San Francisco, CA — The majority of small businesses (73 percent) state their biggest financial stressors are managing revenue, expenses and collecting overdue payments, according to a recent Zogby survey commissioned by Xero, a provider of online accounting software. The best way to mitigate this stress is to stay on top of your cash flow, and Xero has made that one step easier today by releasing the Xero Touch app for Android device users.
Already available on iOS, the new Xero Touch app contains unique features that give users instant insight into where their business stands – a mere screen tap allows users to check account and credit card balances, as well as detailed descriptions of transactions. Benefits that small business users can gain from using the Xero Touch app include
- No more delayed invoices. Create invoices on the spot right from your phone, as inventory functionality makes it fast and easy to itemize invoices. With customer contact details available in the app, new invoices can be emailed right away and overdue invoices can be followed up on with a call and re-sent with just a few taps.
- No more lost receipts. Gone are the days of crumpled expense receipts lurking in pants and purse pockets. Users can snap photos of receipts that are then instantly uploaded into their accounts. Expenses can be submitted right from their phone.
In today’s world, real-time services that allow small businesses to be nimble are critical for a business’s success and prosperity. Sixty-Six percent of small business owners said they access business apps from a mobile device, and 43 percent do so at least once a day. Of those same small business owners, 58 percent said their mobile devices made business more efficient, and 50 percent said that they would be interested in mobile accounting tools.
“Xero aims to be the accounting solution for today’s small business owner. iOS users have benefited from Xero Touch, and now it’s Android’s turn. We’re delighted to not only reach across the globe, but across cloud devices,” said Jamie Sutherland, Xero president of U.S. operations.
Brother™ Launches ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W with Scan-to-Cloud
Bridgewater, N.J. – Brother International Corporation, a leader in small business technology, announced the launch of its new flagship desktop scanner, the ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W. This new product introduction marks its continued expansion into the standalone desktop scanner market while fueling innovation with its wireless scanning and Scan-to-Web (cloud) capabilities. For seamless integration into a variety of work environments, the ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W supports today’s latest operating systems.
With today’s workforce operating more and more digitally across multiple offices, off-site locations and workgroups, the ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W delivers a full suite of features to help today’s workforce collaborate, update and access documents while embracing the convenience of cloud technology. Scanned documents can be sent directly from the machine to a wide variety of business and professional destinations including today’s leading cloud storage destinations such as GOOGLE DOCS™, EVERNOTE, DROPBOX, FACEBOOK™, FLICKR® and PICASA™ Web Albums, as well as Microsoft® SharePoint through the included Nuance™ PaperPort™ software. The ADS-2500W also scans
to local destinations such as email servers and FTP sites, USB flash memory drive and even Android™ phones and tablets1,2. Features include:
- Wireless and Ethernet network connectivity
- Scan-to cloud, network, e-mail server, FTP in addition to standard scan destinations
- 3.7” simple, intuitive color TouchScreen display
- Two-sided scanning
- Scans simplex and duplex up to 24 pages per minute in a single pass**
- High-precision scanning up to 600 dpi optical resolution
- Up to 50-page auto document feeder
- Scans documents up to 34” in length
- Scans receipts, cards (business and plastic ID) and paper documents
- Customizable one-touch scan button
- Windows® and Mac® compatible
- Creates searchable PDFs
- Scans to USB memory flash drive, Android™ phones and Android™ Tablet PCs1,2
- Includes Nuance™ PDF Converter Professional 7 and Nuance™ PaperPort™ 12 SE for Windows®
- Includes Presto!® Page Manager® 9 for Mac® and Presto® BizCard® 6 for Windows®/5 for Mac®
The ImageCenter™ ADS-2500W will be available at office superstores, retailers, dealers and online resellers starting in late September 2012. Estimated Street Price: $799.99.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015