Why? Because you know that when customers visit your web site on their smartphone your web site looks TERRIBLE on the screen of smartphone. Furthermore, you know that customers can’t even order your products from their smartphones. It’s a frustrating experience.
Your web developer can custom build a mobile web site for you, which mirrors your main web site. However, there are many free and low cost services as well.
I use MobStac for my web site and pay about $5 or so a month. It gives me analytics as well. There are many other solutions.
GoDaddy recently announced that their web site builder service recently added mobile publishing to its suite of service as well. This means that GoDaddy’s 700,000 web host customers can now ensure that when mobile users visit their web site, that the web site will look right.
Also keep in mind that you need not only be concerned about smartphones – but also tablets. With many professionals using tablets to access web sites, it is WORTH it to regularly view your analytics and see which mobile devices are the highest percentage of use on your web site. Depending on the results, creating a web site or app for smartphones AND tablets could be a smart strategy.
- A tablet online shopper is almost 4 times more likely to purchase goods than a smartphone visitor (2.3% for tablet as compared to 0.6% for smartphone visitors).
- The average purchase for a tablet shopper is 153% higher than that of a smartphone shopper, with their average purchase equating to $123.
- This is even higher than the average desktop shopper who spends $102 on an average purchase online. So it is clear that the tablet shopper should be targeted by retailers.
All of your customers have smartphones and are using them to go online. It’s not a far stretch of the imagination to assume that often they are visiting your web site with their smartphone. Ensure when they come to your web site, that they have a great experience.
Customers who can’t easily view or order from your web site will just as quickly and easily go to another web site that offers a better experience.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016