If you use cloud applications to manage your business, chances are you’ve seen at least one of Citrix’s cloud applications. They tend to be rather flexible, providing you with several ways of customizing the software to fit your needs. While you might find something else that matches your tastes, there’s a chance that at least one of their solutions fits the bill for you. If you haven’t heard of Citrix, you should certainly take a gander at what they have to offer.
For those of you who use any of Citrix’s apps, there are some important updates you might want to check out! Here’s a short list:
- Citrix XenClient now on ultrabooks. You’re no longer limited to hard-wired virtualization. Because of the new trend in mobility, Citrix has decided to bring ultrabooks into the big picture, allowing them to take part in the virtualized desktop experience.
- Citrix introduces Windows 8 compatibility to everything. Windows 8 came out on October 26th. It was about time that they upgraded everything to make sure that it can catch up to the many small businesses adopting the new operating system.
- GoToMeeting now runs on the iPad. Your favorite HD video conferencing application is now available on the iPad, allowing you to make presentations and meet people live from across the globe anywhere you are!
- Podio‘s got a new “card” layout. Citrix’s collaboration, CRM, and custom app sandbox now has a very nice new interface that presents your projects in a way that’s much more feasible than older Gantt charts. Read more about it in their blog.
- GoToAssist now has a service desk. Citrix adds a service desk to its GoToAssist IT remote assistance solution that allows you to quickly resolve any customer issues through a very simple and straightforward interface. You can now have a look at problems that need to be resolved and see where customers had similar problems that were resolved to come up with a much quicker resolution and a happier customer!
- Citrix releases CloudGateway 2. This piece of software is a great way to distribute apps where you need them through your own app store. CloudGateway 2 includes some enhancements that allow you to securely encrypt apps and their data, and wipe out anything remotely when necessary. Not only does it allow you to individually manage mobile devices, but it also gives you a way to distribute the apps you use across your business.
- Citrix adds @WorkMail and @WorkWeb to Me@Work. That was quite a mouthful! Me@Work now introduces @WorkMail and @WorkWeb to its business app suite. @WorkMail allows you to manage your email, contacts, and calendars while @WorkWeb is a secure consumer-like browser that delivers secure access to enterprise environments.
It’s time to log in and check out the new goodies you just got! Be sure to check out any other relevant services listed above if you still haven’t subscribed to them. You’d be surprised at how much you can discover!
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013