Before the full crush of the holidays is upon us, take some time to apply for an award or contest to get some goodies for your own business. Here’s a fresh list of awards, contests and competitions for growing companies and entrepreneurs.
There are some great contests and awards in this week’s roundup.
If you’ve entered and won a contest or award listed here, let me know so we can share your news.
The Dough to Grow Award
Enter by November 30, 2012
The recession has claimed thousands of small businesses in recent years. Valpak plans to do its part in fueling local business growth with the Dough to Grow Award.
The winner will receive $10,000 to help grow their business. Entrants do not need to be Valpak customers to nominate their business.
SMB Innovator Awards by PhoneBooth.com
Enter by November 30, 2012
Are you a small business mover and shaker? The SMB Innovator Awards celebrate the trailblazers among today’s small business owners and recognize their courageous approaches to driving business success.
You could win $20,000 as the grand prize winner in this contest by PhoneBooth.com. As a top 10 winner, you may also have the opportunity to win $2,500 through a People’s Choice Award.
Weekend in Vegas – Dinner with Tony Hsieh
Enter by December 3, 2012
General Assembly is teaming with Thrillist to give one lucky winner (and a friend) round-trip domestic flights to Las Vegas, three-night stay in a hotel, a tour of Zappos HQ and Downtown Vegas, and dinner with Tony Hsieh (Zappos CEO and author of #1 New York Times Bestseller Delivering Happiness).
Craziest Place You’ve Taken a Business Call
Enter by December 12, 2012
Plantronics is running a sweepstakes to support small businesses throughout this holiday season. To enter, share your story about the craziest spot you’ve ever taken a business call, for a chance to win the Marque 2™ Bluetooth® headset.
Deadline: Dec. 12, 2012. To share your story for a chance to win, go here: http://soundingboard.plantronics.com/community/small-medium-business.
Dell has launched a $100 million Innovators Credit Fund, with the purpose of helping entrepreneurs “maximize potential for innovation, speed to market and job creation.” The credit fund will offer both funding and technology resources with IT support, depending on what each start-up needs.
To be eligible, you must have already received some angel funding or venture capital before you can apply. Start-ups can get up to 10% of its current funding or up to $150,000 with limited credit terms. See website for details and application.
The Big Reboot
Multiple Contests & Entry Dates
Toshiba, Intel and Staples have teamed up to help small businesses share their stories and win thousands of dollars in new technology. Throughout 2012, they will award $10,000 technology makeovers to American businesses and free Intel-powered Ultrabooks to the people who support them.
Categories include Powering Knowledge, Powering Innovation, Powering Service, Powering Products, and Powering Good. See website for details and entry guidelines.
Infusionsoft Battle of the Apps
Enter by December 31, 2012
Do you have a great idea for an Infusionsoft App, integration or plug-in that will enhance the Infusionsoft user experience? Then you have a shot at being crowned the Kick Apps Champion in the Battle of the Apps 2013. First prize is $10,000. See website for details.
Shopify Build-A-Business Competition
Enter by December 31, 2012
Shopify has teamed up with four world-class entrepreneurs to
help you build a million-dollar business in just months. Come up with a product to sell, open your online store and pick a mentor. The Shopify community and your mentor will give you great advice and guidance along the way. At the end of the competition, the four stores that sell the most over a two month period will each win a $50,000 investment from their mentor.
2013 National Small Business Week Awards
Enter by January 3, 2013
The U.S. Small Business Administration is accepting awards for:
• National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam)
• Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
• Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
• Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
• The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
• SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) contracting program)
• Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
• Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
• Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
If you are putting on a small business contest, award or competition, and want to get the word out to the community, please submit it through our Events & Contests Submission Form. (We do not charge a fee to be included in this listing.) Only events of interest to small business people, freelancers and entrepreneurs will be considered and included.
Please note: The descriptions provided here are for convenience only and are NOT the official rules. ALWAYS read official rules carefully at the site holding the competition, contest or award.
[photo credit: Shorts and Longs Flickr]
Latest posts by Laura Leites (see all)
- Small Biz Events, Awards & Contests: Small Business Influencers, Small Business Summit, Manta Photo Contest + More - July 8, 2013
- Small Biz Events, Contests & Awards: Alibaba Women Entrepreneurs, Inbound 2013 + More - June 24, 2013
- Small Biz Contests, Awards & Events: Small Business Heroes, Twitter Chat #SMBizEdge, Small Business Week & More - June 17, 2013