Foursquare’s a neat, free service, that let’s people check in to your business for all the world to see. Leverage this free services for your business with these tips from Fourssquare:
1. Create a special that provides a discount or freebie. According to the National Retail Federation, the most important factor in 2012 in deciding where to shop is offers for sales and discounts. Create a special that rewards a check-in with money off select items or buy-one-get-one-free. Why? When a consumer checks-in, they are telling their entire friend network where they are. And when those friends use Explore on Foursquare (built for searching local businesses and points of interest), your store will index higher in search results.
2. Reward tips too. Surprise and delight loyal customers that leave tips at your business. It could be a free cup of coffee or something as simple as a “thank you” for giving you a shout-out on Foursquare. Little things often go a long way towards engendering loyalty.
3. Reward the mayor. The Foursquare mayor of your business is one of your most loyal customers. Be sure to offer your mayor special perks or rewards to encourage others to stop by regularly and compete for the title. Throw a party for the person that’s checked-in to your establishment more than any other customer or just recognize them with a special sign or a reserved table. It’s an awesome way to reward loyalty while drawing in new prospects that will be inclined to enjoy your products and services, too.
4. Push out a local update to draw-in and reward nearby regulars and prospects. The 80/20 rule of marketing is that 80% of profits come from 20% of your customers. Give nearby regulars and prospects a heads-up that you just pulled freshly baked muffins out of the oven with a local update. It will geo-target customers that have previously interacted with your store on Foursquare. Not a baker? No problem. Any timely information serves as good content for local updates.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Three Ways Blockchain Could Make Transactions Smoother For Your Business - April 24, 2018
- How the Recent Facebook Algorithm Change May Affect Your Business - April 6, 2018
- How AI is Transforming Small Businesses and a Look at Zoho AI - April 5, 2018