HP recently introduced new competition into the tablet market with it’s HP ElitePad 900. With it’s beautiful design and enterprise-grade features, functionality and support, this tablet was created with business (and government) in mind.
Ramon Ray (Editor & Technology Evangelist, Smallbiztechnology.com) had the opportunity to see the HP ElitePad 900 up close and personal.
He told us, “HP’s new tablet is one of the best tablet’sI’ve seen, in
regard to overall functionality. With it’s battery pack (for added long
life), productivity jacket and other accessories the tablet HP’s designed is a serious business tool. It’s a tool, and running Windows 8 (made for tablets), that is optimized for out of office use (on the road) and for use inside the office with ports, external monitor and keyboard.
The HP ElitePad 900 is an ultrathin, lightweight tablet designed for Windows 8. It offers the full serviceability, enhanced security and manageability found in HP Elite PCs, and military-grade durability for drops, vibration, dust, temperature extremes and high altitude. This is a tablet that your employees will want to work with and has features that will keep your IT department happy.
Powered by next-generation Intel® mobile processors, the HP ElitePad delivers PC productivity for those on the go and Intel x86 compatibility for existing business application support. It is designed for Windows 8 and supports touch-, pen- or voice-based input.
Other key features of the ElitePad 900 include:
- HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket—includes an integrated keyboard, connectivity ports, SD card reader and adjustable viewing angles for a complete computing experience.
- HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket—adds USB, HDMI and other connectivity to get more done on the go. Adds even longer battery life when bundled with the optional HP ElitePad Jacket battery.
- The HP ElitePad Rugged Case—provides military-grade reliability and enhances the stylish profile of the ElitePad for added protection.
- HP ElitePad Docking Station—delivers an enterprise-class desktop experience with an added keyboard and monitor and also charges the tablet. Or, use it to set the tablet up as a secondary screen for phenomenal multitasking.
- HP Executive Tablet Pen—lets customers write messages and notes in their natural handwriting directly on screen and then save or convert to typed text for use in other applications.
- 1080p front-facing video camera and 8 megapixel (MP) rear camera with an LED flash and included CyberLink YouCam software.
The HP ElitePad 900 is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to availability.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015