I grew up in Brooklyn and every store has some sort of video surveillance system to monitor what’s happening in the store and in case a crime is committed to capture it and let the police or the store owner review it.
There’s one problem, smart and dumb criminals alike (thanks to just about every movie and criminal TV show) know to go behind the counter and take the “tape” out of the VCR.
The FBI reports nearly 400,000 burglaries between November and December each year – you could be one of those 400,000.
If you want to really be secure or ensure you can at least ensure your video capture is not taken by criminals, store it online. Sounds simple enough, but I bet you never thought of it.
ControlByNet gives these five reasons to store your video in the cloud. Some of the points below are ContolByNet centric, but the principles of each point are worth noting.
1. Nothing Onsite: No video storage onsite, only network (IP) cameras and a switch. There is nothing for vandals or mischievous kids to steal that contains the evidence. Once an act is recorded it is securely stored away from the property in a safe environment.
2. Always Someone Watching: ControlByNet knows when cameras, Internet or power has been interrupted. Instead of going weeks without knowing the DVR is off, the system alerts you to the outage so it can be fixed immediately. This greatly reduces the responsibility on the manager, owner or individual accountable.
3. Up-to-date Technology: ControlByNet’s i-flashback solution allows users to control who accesses the video and archives from any location with Internet access. In addition, cloud-based systems are always up to date with newest technology including access from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets (including iPhone, iPad and Droid). In addition technology enhancements are automatically added with no cost to end user.
4. Affordable: Cloud-based systems provide a lower cost of entry since there are no server or DVR purchases. They also provide a steady rate for service providing greater ease of planning and budgeting.
5. Single Solution for Multiple Areas/Locations: With cloud-based solutions, users can easily combine physically separate locations to keep a single login and view of cameras. ControlByNet’s hosted video security surveillance can combine any combination to work as a single solution