In August of this year new features for the QuickBooks Online ecosystem were introduced to the business world. This open, online financial management program allows for seamless integration with Intuit apps, third-party apps and mobile access to data.
Small businesses in 130 countries and over 362,000 subscribers to the QuickBooks Online Suite have been notified of these latest updates. More effective and even easier to use, business owners will find the accounting software instrumental in managing their online business finances more successfully and within a shorter time frame, thus freeing up their time and enabling them to concentrate more fully on what they know they should really be doing – running their businesses.
As senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Financial Management Solutions division, Dan Wernikoff states: “It’s a transformative time for small businesses and their accounting partners as online and mobile solutions become the norm. We’re seeing 28 percent annual growth in our QuickBooks Online customers, and saw our QuickBooks Mobile users triple over the past year. We’re committed to serving the needs of this fast-growing community in the U.S. and abroad with innovations and an always-on, hassle-free experience that helps small businesses save time managing their finances.”
Let’s look at their latest features:
- Downloaded Transactions: No longer will one have to labor through manual entries. With the downloaded transactions feature, all new transactions from a client’s credit card or bank account can be automatically and accurately imported and categorized. Once categorized, QuickBooks Online will remember the transaction and apply the rule henceforth. Thus a client will be able to access their credit card or bank accounts immediately, making logging in unnecessary. Of course, the business owner will always have the final say on which transactions s/he wishes to save.
- Money Bar: Money Bar centralizes income forms such as invoices, sales receipts, and estimates. The status of any transaction, from initialization to payment, is tracked and displayed by the status bar (patent-pending). The totals of ascribable or past due transaction items are summarized and the user is advised on immediate action.
- QuickBooks Online ‘On The Go’: QuickBooks Mobile now includes the capacity for recording payments, allowing the user to view all customer balances and invoices on record in QuickBooks Online. Records of payments can also be made. A free companion app, QuickBooks Mobile is more comprehensive than any other app of this genre. It can be accessed from Android and Apple mobile devices.
- Third-party Applications for Customization: The individual requirements of different small businesses can be catered to by integrating new add-on components with QuickBooks Online data. So, what are you looking for? Inventory or project management? These and many other apps like eBillity, Mavenlink and Salesforce can be acquired from the Intuit App Center.
So there you have it- greater power, flexibility and manageability with QuickBooks Online Suite. If you are looking for a financial software package that will save you time and offers ease of use, then you may want to check out the full package that QuickBooks has to offer along with all it’s features.
Latest posts by Preetam Kaushik (see all)
- How One Small Business Used Online Software To Bridge Age Gaps and Increase Productivity - January 18, 2013
- Improve Customer Service and Save Money With A Virtual Call Center - January 18, 2013
- It’s Official: To Edge Out The Competition, Small Businesses Need to Get Mobile - November 14, 2012