Throughout the history of Point of Sale (POS) systems, workers have been tied to cash registers, locked down in set locations. Customers had to find those cash registers and often wait in long lines to pay.
As POS systems have become more mobile, opportunities have opened for transactions to be processed anywhere, by anyone who owns a mobile device. But one company is taking it a step further by allowing small business owners to use a tablet as a POS device.
Backed by JP Morgan Chase, GoPago Live provides a free tablet, 4G account, receipt printer, and cash drawer to merchants. Better yet, there is no fee for joining and no monthly fee once you’ve joined. Sound too good to be true? It isn’t. GoPago makes its money through a 2.85% fee on each transaction. Granted, that rate is higher than competitors, but considering the start-up costs many competitors charge, this additional fee is negligible.
“We think GoPago LIVE will turn the payment industry on its head,” CEO Leo Rocco says. “This is so much more than POS. It’s a total solution for brick-and-mortar business owners. We’re redefining and re-setting the bar for modernizing business payments and loyalty programs.”
To further compete with other mobile POS apps, GoPago live offers the following features:
- Loyalty program–GoPago Live offers an easy interface for businesses to manage a reward program for frequent customers.
- Social media–GoPago Live interacts with Facebook and Twitter, allowing your business to easily publicize its success.
- Free cash transaction–While GoPago Live charges a higher fee on credit card transactions, cash transactions are absolutely free.
- No setup–When your hardware arrives, you need only remove it from the box and set it up. No programming is required.
What GoPago Live is offering is tough for small businesses to turn down. Retailers don’t even have to invest in wireless networking, making it ideal for the small boutique and mom-and-pop diner alike. Security for the service is provided by Chase Paymentech, a PCI compliant payment security solution. As an additional benefit, even though GoPago Live is easy to set up, the company also offers 24/7 customer support to walk you through any problems you might have with the system.
Founded in 2009, GoPago has allowed consumers to pay for goods and services using a smartphone app. By visiting partner stores, customers can choose items, add them to a cart, and checkout with a credit card, circumventing long lines. The user can print a receipt to show at the location that will result in that order being filled. Customers can save previous orders to use them the next time they visit the location.
GoPago’s POS solutions enable businesses to expedite the payment and ordering process, increasing efficiency and reducing lines. While GoPago’s mobile app is only available in select cities (San Francisco currently and Dallas soon), GoPago Live can be delivered to your location, enabling you to enjoy the same ease of transactions that GoPago merchants have enjoyed since 2009.
Latest posts by Stephanie Faris (see all)
- Can RebelMouse Energize Your Social Campaigns? - February 21, 2014
- TagMyDoc Provides Document Versioning to Businesses - November 15, 2013
- 10 Tools For Managing Business Cards and Exchanging Contacts in the Digital Age - November 13, 2013