Manta, small business online community, released a survey which shows that small businesses like Facebook while many don’t like Etsy, Groupon or Amazon. This survey indicates that daily deal sites are NOT the winners for small businesses during this Holiday season. However, here’s a few things you CAN do during the Holiday’s to boost your sales.
- Know Who You Want to Sell To: Effective sales begin with understanding who your most important customer group is. This year more than half (53 percent) of small business owners look at members of Generation X as their most desired customers, with one-third (33 percent) believing that Baby Boomers will be their biggest spenders. From merchandise to promotions, think about what will appeal to your key target audience.
- Get Creative, but Keep Your Stress Level In-Check: The holidays are demanding enough as it is, and coming up with a new pie-in-the-sky mobile app or daily-deal promotion at the last minute might suck up hours of your time that could be better spent with your customers. Use your creative juices to build a cool and appealing window display, and put your smartphone to use by taking pictures of new merchandise to post online.
- Stick with What Works: If you know that participating in your community’s local Holiday Shopping Stroll, or that your “12 days of Christmas” promotion across your social sites are what will bring in great sales for you, make sure you are ready to roll with those programs again this year.
- Network to Support Your Fellow Business Owners and Yourself at the Same Time: Pull together a group of three or four other stores in your community to run some cross-store coupon or discount campaigns. Work out a system so each shop is handing out a coupon for another shop in your group each week, and then switch it up. This type of “progressive” couponing is a great way to drive new customers into your store.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018