As the holiday bears down upon us (I believe there are only 10 shopping days left..YIKES!), those of us who are self proclaimed technology geeks, or have a someone on our shopping list who is a tech lover, begin frothing at the mouth at all the cool stuff that’s out there and the possibility that some of it may land wrapped in pretty paper and bows under our tree. There are tech gifts for our business, our personal life and items that are just cool and fun!
HP has shared with us some of the great items that they are offering this holiday season for every size budget. If you are looking for a big ticket item, here are some choices:
- HP ENVY x2 – If you are looking for the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet, then look no more! The ENVY x 2, weighing just 3.1 pounds, delivers both in one stylish, lightweight device. Easily switch from notebook to tablet and back again. The HP Envy x2 retails for approximately $849.99.
- HP ENVY 20 TouchSmart AiOs – An All-In-One with the power of touch, the HP ENVY 20 All-in-One PC is equipped with the latest Intel® processors, high-definition display, 10-point multitouch technology and beautifully simple design. The ENVY AiO line comes configured for the tech-savvy fam, offering Beats AudioTM and exclusive HP innovations such as the HP TrueVision HD webcam. The HP Envy 20 TouchSmart AiOS retails for approximately $799.00.
If your budget is a bit smaller, here are some items you can consider:
- HP Faux Canvas – Create meaningful home décor solutions with HP Faux Canvas by turning personal photos or licensed images, including famous paintings from Van Gogh and Monet into works of art. Starting at $20, available exclusively at Wal-Mart, HP Faux Canvas is the perfect gift for parents, kids, teachers and neighbors! Create the HP Faux Canvas online and pick it up in-store on the same day while running errands.
- Snapfish by HP Collage Poster –Here is a great gift idea for anyhone! Decorate any room with a beautiful collage poster of your favorite family and vacation photos, kids’ art, and more. The collage poster allows you to be creative: choose from multiple layouts and up to 44 background colors and add up to 30 photos. Prices start at $8.99.
Still looking for some cool ideas? I asked our very own Ramon Ray, editor of Smallbiztechnology.com, and our Smallbiztechnology.com writers (all of whom are technology lovers!!) just what they were hoping to receive this season. Here’s what’s on their wish lists:
Ramon Ray: Ramon is looking for an iPad stand that he can use…even if he’s standing! Perhaps the Ratstand Z3 Hands Free Ergo Designed iPad Stand, which retails for $168.00, would be the perfect gift for him this year!
Stephanie Faris: Stephanie is a writer, not only for us but of fictional work as well, and she’d love a convertible tablet. Her top choice is the Lenovo ThinkPad X230t Windows Convertible Tablet PC for it’s sturdiness and features. The tablet retails for around $920.00.
Miguel Leiva-Gomez: Miguel is a technology writer and consultant. On his list this year is the Nokia Lumia 920 or the Microsoft Surface RT. Definitely tools for someone who wants to be connected and use the latest technology – for both business and personal life!
Michael Eckenfels: Not only a writer and a master of Photoshop manipulation, Michael is also a gamer! On his wish list this year is a gaming PC, and if you are a gamer and you want the best, then you probably want an Alienware laptop from Dell. A great choice would be the Alienware M17X, which retails starting at $1699….so I hope Michael was a good boy this year!
Charles Costa, Farhan Niazi and Ashwin Satyanarayana: Three more of our very technical writers, each one of these guys is going to be searching for a tablet within their wrapped packages. Charles and Ashwin have their eyes on a Nexus tablet, either the 7 or 10, which retail from $199 to $399. Farhan, on the other hand, is a lover of his Samsung Galaxy S III phone (as am I), and therefore he’s hoping for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
As for me, I recently walked away from Apple and the iPhone 4S and converted to the Samsung Galaxy SIII, which I think is just fabulous! So, I’d like to walk away from my iPad 2 and move over to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as well. I love the platform, functionality and the features.
Hopefully, this gives you some good ideas if you are struggling to find that just right gift for the techie on your list. As for myself and our team here at Smallbiztechnology.com, I know for a fact that we’ve all been very good this year, so hopefully Santa will read this blog and we’ll all find a little holiday ‘tech’ magic under our trees this year!
What tech gifts are you hoping for this year? Let us know!!
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015