Just literally a few minutes ago, it looks like Google’s Gmail service (possibly other services) was down for a few minutes (longer for some users). I know it was NOT only me as other users Tweeted about it.
Sure, it’s annoying, but for SURE technology does go down and has hiccups. Whether it’s an online service, your bank, your car or the computer on your desk.
For some small businesses (like myself) who rely on hosted services, when our service goes down you can rest assured that a company like Google, Microsoft, Infusionsoft (my employer) has the vested interested and infrastructure to fix the problem and fix it quickly.
Here’s 10 reasons why I’m not worried when online services from reliable service providers go down:
- It’s rare
- Most have uptimes of over 90% some closer to 99%
- They want it fixed more than I do (they lose money, their reputation is tarnished in big ways)
- They have more resources to fix the problem than I’ll ever have
- They proactively monitor problems and often see it before I do
- They have redundant systems
- Often times the downtime is only for a few minutes – a few annoying hours at most
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017