It seems like the entire world is focused on social media, BYOD and all sorts of other geek terms. However, there are other communication terms, such as SMS (or txt) that are still quite useful and very powerful.
Think about it…during the course of the way when something is really important what do you do? Tweet or TXT? Your TXT of course.
Skype and Google Gmail are two communication services that can send SMS messages, now Ring Central (managed phone service provider) is enabling its customers to engage (yep you don’t only “engage” on social media) and communicate with their customers through SMS.
- Text with customers, colleagues and suppliers using their business number, even on their personal mobile device;
- Text a department to send quick updates without needing every colleague’s individual mobile number;
- Send and receive texts across devices including smartphones, tablets and PCs;
- Track text along with voice and fax messages in one location on mobile devices.
Being able to use txt, on a variety of devices and across your company means you can reach customers with more immediacy and directly – through their cell phones. Remember, because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should do it.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Are Business Plans Necessary to Start a Business? - August 16, 2018
- Indra Nooyi Steps Down from Pepsi – What Can Small Business Owners Learn from Her? - August 15, 2018
- How General Liability Insurance Adds Value to Your Organization - August 14, 2018