Right now I’m at the BlackBerry10 launch, here’s a few things you should know.
- BlackBerry, whose company name is “Research in Motion” (RIM) is now officially named BlackBerry
- BlackBerry has a communication hub which seamlessly integrates all your communication (email, social, calendar). You can read more about it here.
- BlackBerry flow is a central ribbon which “provides a series of minimized windows on users’ screens that show them all the apps they’re currently running, and it lets them easily flip through them without having to return to a central home screen and clicking on separate icons.” (this definition from BGR)
- Using the BlackBerry swipe feature you can control and manage your communication, quickly, from within any other app
- BlackBerry looks like it is now the leader in keyboarding. One of the most important things we do on our phone is type on the keyboard – BlackBerry has some very innovating features which makes it much easier to type and FASTER to type
- The BlackBerry Messenger has also been upgraded and users can do an instant video chat with another BB user and share their screen with another user
- There’s more…….these are my highlights so far.
BlackBerry has launched two new phones – the Z10 with a virtual keyboard and the Q10 with a physical keyboard
Indeed the biggest challenge for BlackBerry will be
a) will overall consumers and corporate users (who are consumers) buy it
b) will there be enough of the most popular apps on this platform
So far BlackBerry10 does LOOK new and fresh and innovative. I’ll buy a phone, test it out, and let you know what I think!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Wix Launches Simple Marketing Automation for Growing Businesses – Wix Ascend - December 11, 2018
- You’ve Been Fired. How To Start Your Own Business - December 3, 2018
- Make Better Presentation Slides With This New Tool. Ramon Reviews Beautiful.ai - November 27, 2018