Right now I’m at the BlackBerry10 launch, here’s a few things you should know.
- BlackBerry, whose company name is “Research in Motion” (RIM) is now officially named BlackBerry
- BlackBerry has a communication hub which seamlessly integrates all your communication (email, social, calendar). You can read more about it here.
- BlackBerry flow is a central ribbon which “provides a series of minimized windows on users’ screens that show them all the apps they’re currently running, and it lets them easily flip through them without having to return to a central home screen and clicking on separate icons.” (this definition from BGR)
- Using the BlackBerry swipe feature you can control and manage your communication, quickly, from within any other app
- BlackBerry looks like it is now the leader in keyboarding. One of the most important things we do on our phone is type on the keyboard – BlackBerry has some very innovating features which makes it much easier to type and FASTER to type
- The BlackBerry Messenger has also been upgraded and users can do an instant video chat with another BB user and share their screen with another user
- There’s more…….these are my highlights so far.
So far BlackBerry10 does LOOK new and fresh and innovative. I’ll buy a phone, test it out, and let you know what I think!