Tech Thursday takes a quick look at business and technology news and updates for the small business community.
HP and Walgreens Extend Mobile Print Options for Customers
HP Adds More Than 8,000 Walgreens Locations to its Worldwide Public Print Locations Network
HP today announced that customers can now print directly from their smartphone or tablet to more than 8,000 U.S.
Walgreens stores, bringing the HP Public Print Locations (PPL) network to 30,000 sites worldwide.
By downloading the free HP ePrint Service iPhone app, users can order prints of their photos, which can be picked up from a local Walgreens in as little as an hour.
Groupon Payments Come To Android
Groupon Releases Updated Groupon Merchants App for Android, v2.2, with Groupon Payments
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced the release of the newest version of the Groupon Merchants app for Android (v2.2), which incorporates Groupon Payments into the platform, offering merchants a better way to accept credit cards at the guaranteed lowest overall rates. Groupon merchants with Android devices who sign up for Groupon Payments will enjoy a fast, intuitive experience capable of fulfilling their everyday credit card processing needs.
Groupon merchants with Android devices may now enjoy the following benefits:
- Hassle-Free Enrollment — Activate the service within minutes
- Comprehensive Features — Use the Groupon Merchants app to enter bill totals, add tips, apply taxes, process refunds and email customer receipts
- Dependable Service — Backed 7-days-a-week by a dedicated Groupon Payments support team reachable by phone and email
- Security — Encrypted credit card information keeps customer data safe
- Analytics — Payments information is seamlessly available through the online Payments Center where merchants can view live transaction history, check daily sales reports, track deposits to their bank account and analyze revenue trends
- ROI Tracking — Groupon Merchants can scan and redeem customer Groupons and monitor tips and additional spending to track the success of their deal
For more on this story, click here.
Web.com Partners with SCORE on 25 Small Business Forums in 2013
Web.com Group, Inc., a leading provider of internet services and online marketing solutions, has announced that local help is on the way for small businesses eager to create or improve their internet presence.
Web.com plans to present more than two dozen Small Business Forums across the United States in 2013 in conjunction with its umbrella sponsorship of the Web.com Tour, the pathway to the PGA TOUR. These forums will focus on the specific challenges and opportunities that small businesses face when moving from more traditional media to having an online presence.
The forums, which are free of charge, will give small businesses the benefit of Web.com’s 15 years of experience in helping small businesses with all the various online opportunities, including websites, online marketing, search engine optimization including local search, eCommerce, and more recently, social media and mobile options. The first forum will take place in conjunction with the Chitimacha Louisiana Open on March 21st, 2013.
For a list of Web.com Small Business Forum sites and dates, please go to www.businessforum.web.com.
Lenovo Introduces K900 Smartphone & Smartphone Portfolio
Lenovo has announced its latest flagship smartphone, the K900, a premium smartphone with a super-slim profile whose look and feel make it a must-have for those who will see and be seen with their smartphones. A unique blend of design and performance, the K900 sports a 5.5-inch IPS screen, one of the best camera arrays available in class and a super slim 6.9mm profile, all running on an Intel® Atom processor.
Learn more about this new addition to the Lenovo product line here.