14 Days of Facebook Marketing Tips – Tip #7: Use Facebook’s New Graph Search
Welcome to 14 Days of Facebook Marketing Tips, on the occasion of the upcoming launch of “The Facebook Guide to Small Business Marketing” (Wiley) by Ramon Ray, of Smallbiztechnology.com and Infusionsoft.
Buy Ramon’s latest book on February 19th and get a digital box of goodies as your gift for buying the book, educating yourself and growing your business with Facebook.
In The Facebook Guide to Small Business Marketing, you will overall learn how to get more customers and keep the ones you have. You’ll also learn how to leverage overall online marketing, how to better use social media and, more specifically, how to use the power of Facebook for YOUR business.
Tip #7: Use Facebook’s New Graph Search
Last year when Facebook rolled out the new ‘Timeline’, it unleashed a whirlwind of privacy concerns, as you could now scroll back through years of Facebook posts on an individual’s page. The story is quite different for businesses, though, as Facebook Graph Search may naturally lead new consumers to your business page. The new Graph Search is still in beta testing, but if you want to try it, while you’re logged into Facebook, visit this page and sign up for the waiting list.
Ramon recently wrote and article on PC World that outlines what the new graph search is and how it can benefit your business’ Facebook page. Here a few tips from that article on how to prepare your business Page for Graph Search and what you might expect from it:
- Use Graph Search to identify pools of customers who already like you and might buy more from you.
- Use it to identify types of prospective customers who you might want to engage with your sponsored posts.
- Ensure your page is rich in information, so people searching Facebook can find your business. Make sure the “About” section of your Facebook page is filled out, complete with business hours and a full description of your services or products. Include the URL of your website to direct customers there.
For more great tips on how to market your business with Facebook, check out ‘The Facebook Guide to Small Business Marketing’. And don’t forget – buy it on Feb. 19th and you’ll get the great digital ‘Goody Bag’ of special discounts and gifts!
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015