It’s tax time again – don’t we all know that – coming up on April 15 is the deadline. While it’s a very busy time period for our accountants , the IRS and we business owners, it’s important to keep a few things in mind, suggests the security experts at Symantec.
- The IRS will never email you… ever
- Phishing requests via email are everywhere
- Your postal mail is not the safest way to receive checks from the IRS
- Protect your financial information from outside threats, and secure files with password-protected directories and accounts
- Back up your financial data
While you fret over your taxes – don’t fret so much that your security vigilance is lowered.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016