SXSW 2013 began today and this is a great time for small business in Downtown Austin to attract a lot of customers. Austin, the city, is actually proud to be known as a city that is “weird” and what that should mean to Small Business is the word Innovative. It is very interesting to see the techniques used to attract customers.
- Use messaging that is FACT – Fun, Attention Getting , Collaborative and uses Technology
- Special offers tailored for the attendees
- Find innovative places to display your message
- Use mobile technology using QR codes to engage
- Even induce ‘would be’ customers to have some fun
Have you seen any innovative ways Small businesses are marketing themselves? If you are at SXSW, please come and say “Hi” to us at the SXSW Small Business Meetup – March 9th from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm (CST) at the Proof Annex, 711 E. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701. You can register for the free event here.