Here is a listing of NYC Business and Technology Events for the upcoming week (3/22 – 3/28) that we thought would be beneficial to our small business community in the Greater NYC area.
Have a business and/or technology event coming up in the New York City area that you’d like us to add to our weekly post? If so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 25, 2013 – 6 pm – 9 pm: GA New York City (East), 902 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York , NY 10010
Knowing and understanding your audience is a fundamental part of growing your business. Whether you’re in product development, working on an elevator pitch, or launching a marketing strategy, customer insight can be what gives you the edge in a hypercompetitive world of brand recognition. This workshop will show you how to use methods online and off to learn about your customers and apply those insights to your business.
March 25, 2013 – 7 pm: Grind, 419 Park Avenue South, New York, NY (2nd Floor)
Come join us as Joaquin Roca, founder of The People Side and a 13 year vet in helping “NY Startups gracefully scale their human systems”, helps all you entrepreneurs set up your teams and people to be champions.
March 26, 2013 – 8 pm – 9:30 pm: General Assembly East, 902 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10010
WordPress is the premier content management system for those seeking an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website. In this class, you’ll walk through the basics of getting your site live quickly and discover various free templates as well as premium resources that require little to no coding skills and will have your site looking polished and professional. Once your site has gone live, you’ll learn how to update and maintain it using the WordPress dashboard, as well as common problems and pitfalls to avoid. Plus you’ll find out how to customize your site to get the exact look you’re going for.
March 27th, 2013, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Nola Studios, 244 West 54th St., 10th Floor, Studio 1, New York, NY 10019
Spend a couple of hours with Sophia and learn about the “recipe for victory” she has been dishing. Do you have an inner conflict with indecision and finding what you are meant to do or be? Are you ready to lead the pack instead of following the pack? Learn how to:
- Kick Fear to the Curb
- Unleash your hidden greatness
- Do you know your blueprint?
- 7 Must Have Traits for Victory (success, triumph)
March 28th, 2013, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM: 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Today’s business world is constantly and rapidly changing. With so much to know, so much to learn and so much to keep up with, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the business tools, technology and ideas that are supposed to help us with our businesses. The 5th Annual Asian American Economic Empowerment Conference will focus on technology and innovation.
March 28th, 2013, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM: The Graduate Center of The City University of NY, Elebash Recital Hall, 365 Fifth Avenue (at 34th Street), New York, New York 10016
The Future of Communications’ Career Workshop will focus on educating rising professionals about where the industry is going, why it is changing so rapidly, and what you need to know in order to succeed. Highly regarded industry thought leaders from both brands and agencies will share their personal stories and perspectives with you about topics such as:
- Technology’s growing impact, including the internet, social media and mobile, on how organizations communicate
- The need to understand data, analytics, and technical tools as a core capability of the communications professional of the future
- Why traditional and isolated departments/functions such as PR, Marketing, Technology are OUT and cross-functional/department teams, including agencies and vendors are IN and what does this means for future industry leaders
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015