Ever wanted to make a presentation on the fly, or found yourself having to make do without your slides because a supplied projector was on the fritz? Or maybe you want to share a movie on your phone with a group, without them all crowding around your tiny screen. Or maybe you want to recreate the world’s smallest car chase. Pocket projectors might be right up your street if you’re looking to avoid these problems!
Here are three great options:
eyesee is a slim, mobile projector that your iPhone 4 or 4S will slide into. At $150, it’s quite a cheap option. Use it for videos, photo slideshows, PDF files, and presentations.
- Vibrant LED 15 lumens projector lamp.
- Up to 50 inch image at 640 x 360 resolution.
- Manual Focus adjustment.
- 0.5 W Internal speaker with manual control.
- Dependable Texas Instruments DLP technology.
- Rechargeable internal battery can be used to charge your phone.
- 30-day money back guaranty.
- One (1) year limited warranty.
The 3M Projector Sleeve is very similar to the eyesee. It is also for iPhone 4 and 4S, but boasts 35 lumens, which is over twice as a bright as the eyesee projector. It retails at $230, but right now you can get it for $104.99 on Amazon.
According to PC Mag, “The projector is bright enough to show videos in a dark room at sizes up to about 50 inches diagonally, though they’re best at 36 inches and smaller.”
But, if you want the brightest and best in a very small package, you should go with the Brookstone HDMI pocket projector. It’s significantly more expensive that the above two options, but it’s also significantly brighter, at 85 lumens. The Wirecutter names it as their pick for best pocket projector.
- Projects bright, sharp images up to 60″ diagonal
- Accepts 1080p and 1080i video input
- Rechargeable and portable
- Connects via HDMI to most smartphones, tablets, computers, video players, cameras and more*
- Mega-bright LED lamp projects up to 85 lumens for up to 2 hours on a single charge
- Dual built-in speakers and focus control
- Rechargeable 3800mAh battery doubles as a USB backup battery for your smartphone devices
- Includes HDMI cable, Micro HDMI adapter, Mini HDMI adapter and AC adapter
Do you use a pocket projector? Let us know what your pick is for the best in the comments!