These days, thanks to affordable e-commerce hosting platforms, setting up an online retail store is easier than ever before. But as every business owner knows, inventory management, customer service and ultimately profitability are highly interlinked; and this is where growing businesses can often find themselves struggling to keep up as they start selling across multiple channels. Using an excel sheet to track orders received via the retail store or on the website, can be cumbersome, time consuming and leaves the business vulnerable to customer service issues resulting from stock-outs.
Cloud based solutions for multi-market management
Not surprisingly the answer to this business challenge lies in the clouds.By implementing a cloud based multi-channel software that integrates orders, inventory and customer data across various sales channels, growing businesses can streamline their sales and CRM processes. Here are the key advantages of implementing cloud based channel management software:
- Manage inventory:The software enables a cumulative online inventory status of each product across channels at all times, thereby eliminating the need for manual tracking. If a product reaches the minimum reorder level the software will prevent staff from taking further orders and can be used to disable the product availability online and even trigger orders to suppliers. Reduced efforts in inventory management can also lead to significant cost save.
- Improve sales: Track performance of each product across channels. See what your customers are buying to customize your merchandise and marketing promos. For instance Brightpearl cloud based integration software can be used to build multiple – branded storefronts online to target specific customers. Pull contact list from across channels and use the software to send letters, emails, text messages to your customers on marketing promotions.
- Be better informed: Assess your business performance from anywhere using an internet connection. Provide information to people within the organization as per roles. So for example sales staff can be given access to the CRM and sales sections, whilst your accountant can have access to the accounting ledgers and stock control.
Multi- channel management can help growing businesses do away with the pains of tedious inventory management and improves the effectiveness of their marketing efforts.
Earlier this month Brightpearl, announced integration of its software with e-commerce hosting websites Bigcommerce, Shopify and Amazon. As per Harley Finkelstein, Shopify’s chief platform officer, “Brightpearl’s commerce acceleration platform enables our retailer customers to synchronize their order, inventory and customer data from multiple Shopify storefronts”. It also offers integration with Magento web store and eBay. The growing popularity of Brightpearl software stems from its affordable pricing and ease of use.The other cloud integration software providers are ChannelAdvisor ( among the oldest platforms) , SellerPro and SellerExpress.
Depending on your business dynamics, one software could be more suitable than the other, so do contact them directly for more information.
Latest posts by Rhea Gaur (see all)
- 3 Apps for Designing Mobile Friendly Email Campaigns - October 8, 2013
- Two Apps That Make Syncing Contacts To Your Mobile Device a Breeze - October 4, 2013
- Are Business Plans Relevant in Today’s Dynamic Market Conditions? - October 1, 2013