I predict that Cory Booker will be the next Senator of NJ because of his personal brand and social media.
This is NOT a political endorsement in any way – but LESSONS learned for all small businesses in the POWER of a personal brand and social media that Mayor Booker is teaching us all.
Cory Booker is a GREAT example of leveraging these two things quite well – as reported in the WSJ .
- He has over a million Twitter followers (social media use – see my social media 101 article) (do you notice how he’s active on social media, responds to Tweets and more?)
- He has built a powerful PERSONAL brand (beyond being “a mayor”).
- He’s not just a “good weather” politician but has built a genuine care for his community AND he uses social media to let his tribe know about his activity in the community.
- He has built a follower of INFLUENCERS (such as Oprah Winfrey) which will also help him.
Again, this is NOT a political endorsement in any way but lessons we can all learn from.
Today’s politican like today’s small business owners – MUST have strong personal brands to THRIVE and SUCCEED and leverage social media.
President Obama did much of what Cory Booker has done and this helped him win his first election. If Gov Romney had a strong online presence and other technology and analytical elements – maybe he would have been President today.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016