When starting a new business, or restructuring an existing one, access is one of the biggest factors of success. And with the constantly changing landscape of technology, business owners are able to access any aspects of their businesses, over nearly any sort of device. Ari Rabban, the CEO of Phone.com, believes that cloud services are the future of small businesses, with the ability to access anything at any time.
Rabban has several reasons why businesses should be ready to take the leap to cloud deployment. Here are eight reasons that he sights:
- Lower start-up costs compared to significant investment into on-premise systems
- Ease of configuration and uploading software compared to hardware upgrades
- Reduced maintenance costs – don’t need large IT staff to support cloud-based applications
- Diverse applications – from big data to CRM and communications systems can run in the cloud
- Healthy competition among numerous cloud-based providers creates many options to choose from
- Access – in contrast to in-house servers or PCs, a business owner can access data from anywhere
- Security – off-site secure locations usually come with built-in redundancy
- Functionality of enterprise-grade platforms
With cloud computing, flexibility is the key. Whether you’re running to the airport and on your smartphone, or on your living room couch with your laptop, the needs of your business should never be far from your fingertips. With the numerous cloud services offered, and more appearing almost daily, the future of your business should be one that is tailored to best fit your way.
You can see more about cloud computing in our Smallbiztechnology archives.