As you promote your growing business via the business website, mobile devices, email marketing campaigns and social media, you need to ask yourself – are your digital marketing efforts truly effective?
In other words –
- Are you able to customize promotional messages as per customer interests and demographics?
- Do you have a differentiated marketing strategy for new customers, loyal customers and customers that are no longer doing business with you?
- Do you know the preferred channel of engagement for each of your customers?
If you have answered ‘no’ to all of these questions, then most likely your business is bombarding customers with ‘generic’ messages and therefore your digital marketing efforts are not as effective as they should be.
Customize your digital marketing efforts
While it may seem improbable or cumbersome, personalizing digital marketing campaigns is the next wave of ‘relationship marketing’.
As per Scott Olrich, President, Marketing and Platform at Responsys, “Marketing is no longer about maximizing the number of people brands reach with a campaign, it’s about creating individualized interactions that engage customers and lead to long-term revenue growth and value”.
So instead of bombarding all clients with the same message, you can achieve the following with the Responsys marketing software:
- Tailor email marketing campaigns as per client vintage/ demographics. For example, a new customer automatically gets a series of introductory email messages when he makes the first purchase or enrolls on your website. Or you can develop an email campaign targeting customers who are professional women under the age of 30.
- Showcasing products on the website as per interests and hobbies of individual customers. So each time customers visit your website, they first see products that they would be most inclined towards purchasing.
- Customizing communications to clients as per their preferred mode of communication. Whether individual customers like to browse online, receive text messages or emails, you ensure that you connect with them accordingly.
- Know what customers are viewing on your website and Facebook fan page and tailor messages accordingly. For example, if a customer clicks on your latest collection of T-shirts, you can automatically trigger a promotional email containing information about the particular line of clothing.
- Understand the effectiveness of your mobile marketing campaign by reporting of clicks and conversions made from each page of your website.
With marketing budgets becoming more focused on digital content, its important to ensure that the communication remains ‘ relevant’ to the target audience. An integrated marketing management software that targets communications as per individual customers is a great way to maximize mileage from your digital marketing efforts.
Latest posts by Rhea Gaur (see all)
- 3 Apps for Designing Mobile Friendly Email Campaigns - October 8, 2013
- Two Apps That Make Syncing Contacts To Your Mobile Device a Breeze - October 4, 2013
- Are Business Plans Relevant in Today’s Dynamic Market Conditions? - October 1, 2013