Breadcrumb POS is a new and lighter addition to the family of the original Breadcrumb PRO system. The PRO version of this product was mainly designed for restaurants and bars and accommodated numerous functionalities to enable the users to modify and integrate the system according to their needs. Breadcrumb PRO requires a monthly fee as opposed to Breadcrumb POS, which is a FREE app for iPad.
As stated in Groupon’s press release “Breadcrumb POS, a free iPad app, enables quick-service eateries, salons, spas and retail merchants to replace their outdated cash registers with an easy-to-use solution that offers local businesses a low-price guarantee that will beat any comparable plan on credit card transaction fees.”
The Breadcrumb POS promises everything that Groupon is bragging about. It is indeed a revolutionary replacement to the conventional cash register as it is more efficient, cost effective (both in terms of hardware and software), and comes with a bunch of features that will help you understand your business and customers better.
Let’s have a look at what the iPad App has to offer.
- Fast and Easy Setup: Download the free app, sign up for a payments account, connect a card swiper and optional printer and begin using an iPad to process transactions within minutes.
- Free 24/7 Technical Live Support.
- Unlike the traditional cash registers, that take two to three business days, merchants will receive their deposits within 24 hours.
- Log cash transactions.
- Accept credit card payments.
- Print or email receipts.
- Calculate multiple tax rates.
- Manage menu items.
- View transaction history.
- Issue refunds.
- View real time, in-depth reports.
- View daily and monthly sales reports.
- View past customer purchases and deposit records.
Breadcrumb Payments Service:
Breadcrumb Payments is part of the Breadcrumb POS package that offers:
- Rates of only 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees.
- Free processing on first $5,000 in credit card transactions (promotional offer).
Hardware Compatibility and Cost:
Breadcrumb POS is compatible with all models of the iPad (including iPad Mini); however, it is not compatible with iPhone and iPod. The cost of the swipe device is about $15 and it can be attached to any model of the iPad.
Ready to download and use Breadcrumb POS?
If you’re ready to throw away your old cash register and opt for a modern, affordable, money saving tool that will help you save money on credit card transaction fees, then go ahead and download the app today from the iTunes App Store.
P.S: This is one App that I’ll definitely utilize if I ever get a chance to start my own small business one day 🙂
Latest posts by Farhan Niazi (see all)
- clearString: A Web Content Management System Developed For and Catering To Small Business - October 30, 2013
- Groupon Strikes In 2013 With the Breadcrumb POS iPad App for Small Businesses - June 25, 2013
- iSIGN Puts Advertisements on the Move for Small Businesses - November 15, 2012