I recently had the chance to test drive the 2-Bay NAS (Network Attached Storage) 8TB device from the Seagate Business Storage line of products. The device comes in three storage size options, 4TB, 6TB and 8TB.
Here is what I found really great about the device:
- Storage: There is a LOT of it! 8TB, which was the size of the device I looked at, is an amazing amount of space and probably more than most small businesses would need.
- NAS. Because this is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device, you don’t connect it to your PC, but access it through an IP address. This means that you can access all of your information, from any device, through the cloud. Talk about convenient!
- RAID. The 2-Bay system uses a RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) configuration, which means that each bay essentially ‘copies’ and backs up the other – dual redundancy. This means that you should one bay inaccessible, you can still retrieve your information through the other bay.
Check out my full video interview below, or watch here.
The 8TB device that I test drove retails for about $700 and the 6TB comes in at $500 and the 4TB at $400.
Are you using a device like this in your small business? If so, share how it works for you and how it’s helped your small business!
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How the Recent Facebook Algorithm Change May Affect Your Business - April 6, 2018
- How AI is Transforming Small Businesses and a Look at Zoho AI - April 5, 2018
- 8 Reasons to Use a Business VPN for Your Online Business - March 26, 2018