The following answers are provided by the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC), an invite-only organization comprised of the world’s most promising young entrepreneurs. In partnership with Citi, the YEC recently launched #StartupLab, a free virtual mentorship program that helps millions of entrepreneurs start and grow businesses via live video chats, an expert content library and email lessons.
1. Age-Related Issues
Collecting information about minors is particularly problematic, so you need to lay out both any information you collect about your young users and any expectations you have of your users. For example, state whether or not minors can use your website without parental supervision.
– Thursday Bram, Hyper Modern Consulting
2. Personal Information Privacy
Most people are concerned about privacy and how their information will be handled, and for a good reason. Almost anybody you know has had his or her information and privacy mishandled on the Internet at one time or another. Although it may seem like a no-brainer, you should include this information up front, especially during the sign-up process.
– Andy Karuza, brandbuddee
3. Cookie Data
A sophisticated website possesses a series of cookies that track and store users’ session(s) and overall engagement with said website over time. Experienced Web surfers will want to know how these cookies function and what type of data is being extracted from their visits.
– Logan Lenz, Endagon
4. Collected Information
– Brett Farmiloe, Digital Marketing Agency
5. Information Usage
– Jay Wu, A Forever Recovery
6. Everything Necessary
– Doug Bend, Bend Law Group, PC
7. A Customizable Privacy Clause
– Jim Belosic, Pancakes Laboratories/ShortStack
Latest posts by Young Entrepreneur Council (see all)
- 8 User-Friendly Video Platforms Entrepreneurs Would Recommend for Meetings - September 22, 2017
- 13 Tech Elements That Are More Cost Effective for Small Businesses to Outsource - September 15, 2017
- 13 Steps Small Businesses Can Take to Improve Their Cybersecurity - August 25, 2017