As many have probably already heard, last Thursday Michael Dell, founder and Chief Executive of Dell, gained shareholders’ approval to buy and take Dell private at a price of $25 billion.With this change, he revealed that the company, which is currently the worlds third largest PC maker, will invest strongly in the personal computer and tablet markets. While opinions vary on whether this is the right move for the company, he seems determined to turn his company around and battle those picking up more of the share of this market. And it looks like they are on the right path to do just that, with the release of of three new PC series: the Latitude 7000 series of business-class ultrabooks, Latitude 5000 series of laptops and Latitude 3000 series of reliable and affordable devices.
With this new suite, Dell has created business class devices that balance sophisticated design, quality construction and compromised durability and offer the the upmost in security and manageability.
“These exciting new additions to the Latitude line provide our commercial customers what they’ve been asking for by bringing touch capability to the workspace at desirable price points,” said Kirk Schell, vice president, commercial computing group at Dell. “The new Latitude 7000 Series builds on the success of the award-winning XPS and Latitude 6430u to redefine the corporate laptop, complete with security, manageability, reliability and beautiful design. And with the Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series, we’ve addressed the needs of today’s dynamic workforce by enabling easy entry into business-class computing.”
The sleek and powerful Latitude 7000 Series are the most secure and manageable Ultrabooks, with outstanding reliability, and epitomize mobility at its finest with business-class style. Touted as the Ultrabook to be loved by IT professionals and end-users alike, these thin, light and beautiful Ultrabooks completely redefine the corporate laptop.
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are:
- Made to move. The 12-inch model starting at just 20 millimeters thin and 1.3kilograms (2.99 pounds)
- Easy for IT to manage. Integrated management capabilities including Dellunique Intel vPro extensions and automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE, make these ultrabooks easy to manage.
- Ultimate security. The world’s most secure Ultrabooks with best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source, and featuring the highest level of FIPS 140-2 (level 3) certification for system disk encryption
- Reliability. Designed for reliability, passing rigorous third-party durability testing and crafted with premium materials such as aluminum, a Tri-metal chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- Backwards Compatible. The only corporate Ultrabook designed to be backwards compatible with existing (E-) Latitude docks
- WiGig Wireless Docking. Available with innovative WiGig wireless docking, making Dell Ultrabooksthe first and only that let you connect your display and other peripherals without messy cords
The new Latitude 5000 Series laptops are designed to help businesses of all sizes adopt secure, manageable and reliable notebooks. The Latitude 14 and Latitude 15 5000 Series are designed to meet most business needs with 14.1-inch or 15.6-inch display options and other key features, such as:
- Reliable mobile productivity with up to Intel Core i7 ultra low voltage processorsfor extended battery life, a discrete graphics option for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience, and SSD or Performance Solid State Hybrid Drive options
- Corning Gorilla Glass NBT on the touch displays for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- Mobile broadband, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN options for mobility and connectivity virtually anywhere, and an HD webcam and microphone array for efficient, anywhere collaboration
- Compatible with Latitude E-family docking designed to connect seamlessly with award-winning Dell monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse
The Latitude 3000 Series is Dell’s newest line of entry-level laptops for education and small business customers. The Latitude 14 and 15 3000 Series laptops offer:
- Durable and reliable chassis that have undergone Highly Accelerated Life Testing, including hinge testing, keyboards and shocks
- 4th Generation Intel Core processors with Turbo Mode for fast data processing
- Business class discrete graphics with up to 2GB3 video memory for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience
- Thin (21 to 25mm) and light ( starting at 4.3lbs / 2.0kg) design for great mobility
- Choice of 14-inch and 15.6-inch Anti-Glare LCD for comfortable visualization and optional touch displays
- Integrated microphone and HD Webcam for remote collaboration and interaction