It’s Tech Thursday from Smallbiztechnology.com. Each week we take a quick look at business and technology news and updates for the small business community and share them with you in a quick and simple round-up.
Ordoro Inventory Management Platform Integrates With Magento
Ordoro integrates with Magento to bring smart shipping and inventory management to retailers
AUSTIN, Texas, – Ordoro, the leading shipping and inventory management platform for small retailers, today launched their integration with the Magento ecommerce platform. With this integration, Ordoro has expanded its reach to the 150,000+ small businesses that sell products online through Magento’s ecommerce storefront, and brings smart shipping and inventory management capabilities to those businesses.
“Ordoro’s Magento integration is a dream come true for Magento Admins. We replaced our enterprise level software and switched to Ordoro and are saving $12,000 a year. We have done this while increasing our efficiency ten-fold,” says David Perelman, CEO of JWines.com, an ecommerce retailer that focuses on speciality wines. Ordoro keeps an accurate count of the retailer’s physical inventory and enables cost-effective shipping through its partnership with Fedex, UPS and USPS.
Till recently, the ecommerce back-end space was dominated by large players like NetSuite that offer an all-encompassing ERP approach to back-office. Startups like Ordoro are shaking up this space by offering easy to use web software with reduced complexity at a much lower price point. As the ecommerce segment continues to grow, we can expect more innovation and investment in this space from companies like Ordoro.
To see more about on this story, click here.
Next Generation of Document Work Now Available in the AtTask Enterprise Work Cloud
AtTask Documents is a single solution to create, collaborate, and manage documents
Enterprise teams – such as marketing, IT, HR, finance, and others – waste time and resources inefficiently managing the creation of documents and digital assets from beginning to end. Disparate tools, email, and traditional approaches result in lost requests, unrealistic commitments, disconnected collaboration, overlapping feedback, time-consuming approvals, limited distribution, and missed deadlines. This causes a significant loss of team productivity, department credibility, and executive visibility.
The new AtTask Documents enables teams to manage the end-to-end document lifecycle within a single tool, eliminating the need for dozens of tools for various document needs. These lifecycle capabilities include:
- Organize & Visualize- Documents can be organized, and accessed in a central location. Each team member can view documents and digital assets the way that matters most to them through customized tags and filters in AtTask SmartFolder.
- Collaborate & Share- Collaborate and share work with your team, external stakeholders or any third-party contributors, keeping all discussions, questions, comments and versions in the context of the document throughout its lifecycle.
- Proof & Review– Provide inline feedback and comments on visual assets through a digital proof that is automatically generated when a digital asset is uploaded. Allow third parties, such as clients, to review, comment, approve or reject digital files.
- Approve & Distribute- Easily set up, trigger, and track approval processes. Approvers have a single place to access all approvals, with contextual access to the document collaboration stream, previous versions, and work details to make quick informed decisions.
- Store & Reuse- Your documents and digital assets can be stored directly in AtTask, and/or in your cloud storage provider, such as Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive. AtTask maintains context and history, which makes discovery, access, and reuse easy regardless of where it is stored, and eliminates lost and scattered assets.
TripIt’s New Card View for iPhone Displays Travelers’ Relevant Information at the Right Time During the Trip
Flatter design now presents active itinerary items upfront, offers an improved TripIt Pro alerts center, and uses Google Maps for directions
SAN FRANCISCO, – TripIt, the leading mobile travel organizer from Concur , now features a new, card-centric design for its iPhone app, which displays the most relevant trip information right when travelers need it.
Upgraded with a flatter design, the new TripIt for iPhone allows travelers to view itinerary items by swiping fluidly between cards, and to jump back to the main TripIt dashboard with just one click.
Additional updates to TripIt for iPhone include Google Maps as the default client for maps and directions, and streamlined, easier-to-read notifications in the TripIt Pro alerts center. A pairing with the iPhone’s gyroscope also introduces playful touches like gently drifting clouds that respond when the device is tilted.
“The new card view layers on a more contextual experience for travelers,” says Rich Adams, head of mobile for TripIt. “Open the TripIt app, and you’ll see flight and gate details to guide you in the airport; hotel directions and rental car confirmation then appear after landing. By anticipating what information a user needs to access, TripIt is now even more helpful to travelers.”
To see more on these new TripIt features, click here.