It’s Tech Thursday from Smallbiztechnology.com. Each week we take a quick look at recent small business and technology news and updates for the small business community and share them with you in a quick and simple round-up.
Verio and StopTheHacker Team-up to Offer SMBs Free Website Security Reports
Website Security Reports Valued at $50; Importance of Website Security Webinar Scheduled for October 9, 2013 to Educate SMBs
Verio Inc., the leading provider of online business solutions to SMBs worldwide and StopTheHacker, one of the world’s fastest growing website security companies, today announced the two companies will be offering a free Website security report to their SMB customers. To support the campaign and educate SMBs on the importance of website security, Verio will host a free Webinar on October 9, 2013 on the topic of website security. To register for the Webinar visit: www.verio.com/website-security/webinar.
With 85% of all malware attacks coming from the web and an estimated 30,000+ websites infected with malware every day, it is critical for organizations of all sizes and more importantly SMBs with limited infrastructure and resources to protect and monitor their Web vulnerability and online reputation. Based on the proliferation of malware and its impact on an SMB’s online reputation, Verio is offering Website security reports, valued at $50 each, through its partnership with StopTheHacker.
For more on this offering, click here.
Online Shoppers Demand More as E-Commerce Spending Increases
Channels, choices & convenience lead to online shopping satisfaction
comScore, Inc., a leader in measuring the digital world, and UPS Canada today released the results of the UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper Study™: A Customer Experience Study, which contains key consumer insights into elements of the online shopping experience that drive brand preference, customer loyalty and word-of-mouth recommendations.
The study, conducted by comScore found online shoppers are increasingly demanding more from retailers. Consumers want more information at the start of the online experience, more options during checkout and delivery, and more channels for interacting with their favourite retailers. A seamless returns process, free shipping and social and mobile access were rated among the most important needs of today’s online shopper.
“This study highlights the critical three Cs of today’s retail online customer experience – channels, choices and convenience,” said Nicolas Dorget, vice president of customer solutions, UPS Canada. “Retailers can win shoppers over by providing a consistent and positive omnichannel experience. From mobile apps to social media platforms, today’s consumers value – and even expect – services to work together across the entire shopping continuum from pre-purchase to post-purchase.”
For more insight into this study, click here.
Neat® Announces NeatConnect®, Industry’s First Direct-to-the-Cloud Touchscreen Scanner
Wireless scanner extends Neat’s leadership in the cloud-based Digital Filing Category
Neat®, a leader in Digital Filing Systems for the small business and consumer markets, today announced the availability of NeatConnect®, the first wireless scanner to include direct-to-cloud capabilities and an integrated touchscreen interface. NeatConnect truly delivers on the promise of scan-to-cloud convenience and enhances the benefits offered by Neat’s cloud-based Digital Filing System.
NeatConnect allows users to scan documents directly to a cloud service or email them from the scanner all without being tethered to a computer or requiring an intermediate device or software application. Mirroring the sleek appearance of Neat’s award-winning family of scanners, NeatConnect includes:
- Intuitive touchscreen for speedy selection of personalized cloud and email destinations
- Multiple user settings to accommodate the needs of small businesses and families
- Integrated Wi-Fi antenna allowing users to situate NeatConnect in a place that best serves their workflow and lifestyle – a common area in the office or at home in a place where paper and mail tends to pile up.
NeatConnect further extends Neat’s cloud-based Digital Filing System by scanning documents, receipts, and business cards directly to NeatCloud®. Scanning directly to NeatCloud ensures documents go through optical character recognition (OCR) and Neat patented parsing technology enabling the many capabilities that make Neat the leader in the Digital Filing System category, such as:
- Sync – Synchronize information automatically across desktop and mobile devices.
- Access – View files on any internet connected device including a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Organize – Add, edit and move folders within your Digital Filing System making it simple to quickly locate and access your information.
- Edit – Revise data fields and add notes to receipts, business cards and documents.
- Search – Sort, filter and find the items and folders in your Digital Filing System based on date, keyword or item type.
- Share & Collaborate – Share any document or folder with anyone and comment back and forth on items for easy collaboration.
- Activate – Create professional expense, tax and spending reports directly within Neat; or export information to other services such as QuickBooks, Quicken or TurboTax.
For more on this new scanner from Neat, click here.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015