AARP and Black Enterprise have teamed forces to launch the Black Enterprise Small Business University, a four-week online video course that offers expert advise to entrepreneurs looking to start and grow profitable small businesses. The Small Business University aims to assist entrepreneurs in three different stages of business development; the aspiring start-up, the part time entrepreneur, and those with an already established enterprise.
“Many Americans dream of owning their own business, sometimes as a second or third career, and using their creative talents to do productive work that also helps them gain economic stability,” said Edna Kane-Williams, AARP Vice President, Multicultural Markets and Engagement. “AARP looks forwards to collaborating with Black Enterprise to provide valuable resources and information that will help strengthen small businesses and encourage more entrepreneurs to reimagine their careers.”
Each week there will be three original video tutorials featuring a team of rotating business, marketing, branding and technology all-stars including ‘SmallBizLady Melinda Emerson, Vanguarde Consulting Group CEO Derrick Webster, Editor of Smallbiztechnology and Regional Director of Development for Infusionsoft Ramon Ray and Alfred Edmond Jr, SVP/Multimedia Editor at Large of Balck Enterprise.
The webinar series kicks off this coming Monday, October 7th, with “Crowdfunding and The Future of Small Business”. The rest of the schedule includes:
- Tuesday, October 8: What to Look for When Hiring a Lawyer
- Wednesday, October 9: Picking an Accountant That’s Right for Your Business
- Monday, October 14: How to Properly Assess and Compete With Your Competition
- Tuesday, October 15: How to Determine Your Price point and Market Value
- Wednesday, October 16: How to Decide What Online Networks are Best for Your Business
- Monday, October 21: From Start to Finish: Your First Website
- Tuesday, October 22: How to Get Your Email Marketing Noticed
- Wednesday, October 23: The ABCs of Customer Relationships
- Monday, October 28: Cash flow Management: Keeping an Eye on Your Bottom Line
- Tuesday, October 29: Creating and Maintaining a Social Media Presence for Your Business
- Wednesday, October 30: Social Media Dos and Don’ts for Your Business
All courses offered through the Small Business University are free! You can register here for the Small Business University.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015