Well, it’s November and “the Holidays” are here. The Holiday cheer of cash registers ringing is HERE. What’s also here? Inclement weather that could hamper your business. Are you ready? Is your business prepared?
Here’s some tips and advice from Symantec:
The holidays are a major revenue driver for many small businesses. Yet environmental and other external challenges – from weather to system outages and more – can be debilitating. In fact, 62 percent of small businesses lack an emergency plan1, and 25 percent never reopen after a natural or man-made disaster2.
As we head into the holiday season, it’s a good time to remind readers about the importance of disaster preparedness. Symantec suggests the following tips for small businesses:
- Start planning now – and avoid cutting corners: Develop a disaster-preparedness plan. Evaluate how technologies such as mobile, virtualization and cloud can strategically help in those efforts
- Implement strategic technologies: Adopt integrated cloud backup for offsite storage and disaster recovery, and automated physical and virtual (P2V) backup conversion so you can recover your physical system to a virtual machine in case of a server failure
- Protect your information: Use comprehensive security and backup solutions to protect your physical, virtual and mobile systems. You may even opt to automate backup processes or backup to the cloud
- Review and test your disaster preparedness: Complete reviews and testing at least once a quarter
I used List.ly to create a few resources for you:
[listly id=”Ah2″ layout=”full”]
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017