Smallbiztechnology.com recently went through a visual upgrade (and some other things).
In working with our web design team (Andigo Media) I learned a few things about what makes a great web design company.
LISTEN – I’ve worked with many web designers and the GREAT web designers stand out because they listen. Before they talk about code, color, SEEO and etc – they ask about your goals, what you are trying to accomplish, how the webs site will be used.
If you’re web designer does not serve as your ONLINE CONSULTANT, and you are not willing to listen to them – you’re wasting your time.
CREATIVITY – A good web designer will the creative ability to provide a variety of designs. You do NOT want a web site that looks like everyone else. Some web designers get stuck in a rut and they can only design one type of visual. A web designer who works with a team is able to deliver the creativity you need
TECHNICAL – When it comes time to
- connect your Wix web site to Infusionsoft then (or some other “thing” that a techie might do)
- integrate with Eventbrite then
- ensure it’s all secure then
- add some custom design
- or maybe just upgrade your WordPress web site
It is essential that your web designer (or his team) have the technical ability to do what’s needed.
For true small businesses who are looking for growth – YOU MUST hire a web designer that can build you a business web site – not a toy web site.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016