Sometimes technology helps us and sometimes we suspect it messes things up. In this case there’s suspicion that Under Armour’s speed skating uniforms are messing things up.
Most of you know by now that Under Armour is under a spotlight , because its special speed skating suites might have cause the US Olympic speed skating team to not win any medals and skate sub-par during the Olympics. The suite allegedly slowed them down.
However, the Olympic team is now using the old suites and still not doing any better.
If you were Under Armour what would you do?
Here’s four things I would do.
1) Establish a very credible and independent investigator to see what impact the new suites did, or did not have on the skaters. Part of this investigation should be to test the new suites out in the same conditions, but using other skaters, as the Olympic skater are in and measure what difference, if any, the suites might cause for a skater.
2) Crowdsource – Get the public involved to offer scientific ideas to what could be a problem with the Under Armour suites
3) Create a public test so that the public can test out and try for themselves the Under Armour suites and see how good they probably are for regular folks.
4) Create an advertising campaign, similar to what BP did after the oil spil and convey your encouragement of the US Speed Skating team and etc…evoke positive thoughts focused on the USA, athletes, etc
These are just four ideas, what do you think?
Keep in mind, since the skaters are not doing any better we do not yet know IF it’s the Under Armour suites causing the problem.
What we do know is that the Under Armour brand is tarnished – deservedly or not.
Has this every happened to you? You upgrade technology in your office, only to find that things seem to be working worse than before the new technology was installed?
Here’s some ways to mitigate tech failures.
1. Test technology before rolling it out in production
2. Be prepared to roll back the upgrade
3. Ensure your tech specialist understands your business
4. Carefully consider if you need the tech upgrade
5. Measure and test very carefully.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How the Recent Facebook Algorithm Change May Affect Your Business - April 6, 2018
- How AI is Transforming Small Businesses and a Look at Zoho AI - April 5, 2018
- 8 Reasons to Use a Business VPN for Your Online Business - March 26, 2018